81. Team

Hoseok didn't feel so good— and he wasn't turning to dust

The idea of marching through a deserted district filled with perspective changing mist to get to a tall eerie tower was bad enough. Goosebumps rose on his skin the moment it came to view, the tingling sensation prickling at the pits of his stomach. Hoseok had no idea that his uneasiness would only get worse once they actually arrived.

It was the doors. Hoseok could feel a dark aura seeping through it, as if warning him of the worst that was yet to come. When the stone slabs opened, the air gem bearer swore that there was a face in the darkness, one that smiled maliciously back at him.

Of course, Hoseok wanted to tell the rest of the team that maybe they shouldn't enter the tower, especially because it almost seemed like Death itself was awaiting them. However, Lucht's King also knew that his words would contradict the exact reason why they were here— which meant that his decision was stupid. So, he kept his nervous thoughts to himself.

"Stay my ass," Jungkook's words snapped Hoseok out of his thoughts. He turned and saw the angel wearing a wry expression, eyebrows furrowed as he scowled and all that. "You're going to need me in there."

Taehyung smiled, even though Jungkook had a very harsh tone. Hoseok, on the other hand, wasn't smiling at all— and that was because of the same dark aura he could feel around the Hemelian.

Hoseok's intuition was going haywire. Every single nerve in the air gem bearer's body was telling that Jungkook had to be watched, that something bad was bound to happen to the angel. He felt so nervous, so scared that when tried to call out his name, his throat closed. Even when Yoongi turned and their eyes met for a few seconds, he couldn't say anything.

And when the tower team disappeared through the stone doors and into the darkness, Hoseok felt hopeless.

"Hey, Seok," Namjoon called out. The earth gem bearer was still being supported by Jimin, since his foot was still a bit sore. Still, he had a dimpled smile on his face. "You alright? You seem a little pale there."

Hoseok pursed his lips into a thin line, not really sure how he could word his thoughts without sounding crazy or stupid. "It's Jungkook."

"Jungkook?," Emily chimed. She was facing the empty field across the tower, a wary look on her face as she tightly gripped her bow in her hands. "If you're bothered by the way he's currently acting then—"

"No, it's not that," Hoseok shook his head and earned a confused look from Emily. "I... sensed it when we got here. Something bad is going to happen to him, something really really bad."

A short silence came after that. Hoseok watched as they glanced at each other, now with worried expressions on their faces. He himself was extremely nervous, especially for those inside the tower.