44. Coincidence

Even in the early morning of Bliksem, the city was basked in darkness, the skies coated with thick grey clouds and forbidding any source of sunlight from penetrating through

Even in the early morning of Bliksem, the city was basked in darkness, the skies coated with thick grey clouds and forbidding any source of sunlight from penetrating through. Due to this, the forest was hauntingly dark, thick trees standing tall, the eyes of creatures glowing in bright colored beads yet there was silence, and leaves were dancing in the cold wind. A lonely one-eyed bird was perched on a tree, watching two figures march through the fields, leaves and branches crunching against their feet.

Jimin took deep breaths, yellow eyes flicking back and forth between the bushes and trees, his alertness at its peak as he watched out for any ambushes. He was tightly clutching Kaeva's hand, making sure that he was slow enough to not be dragging her but also quick enough to get away from any possible stalkers.

Even though both Kaeva and Jimin agreed that they would head towards the city, where the others would most probably be, there was one problem: they had no idea how to get there. Kaeva has been living in the forest for so long and Jimin had blindly, and idiotically, ran into the woods without actually having any sense of direction. These facts didn't discourage them, fortunately, so they decided to trek until they could catch a glimpse of the Tower of Life.

Jimin glanced behind him when he heard the chattering of teeth, seeing Kaeva shivering, jaw clenched and breaths fogging. He stared in concern for a moment before slipping off his jacket and placing it on her shoulders. "Here. You're starting to tremble in the cold."

Kaeva blinked, opening her mouth to speak when multiple expressions crossed her face, until she resorted to smiling and moving her hand up to Jimin's arms, the other clutching onto her wooden staff. "Thank you."

Jimin was caught off-guard by Kaeva's warm smile and was thankful that he had turned away before she could notice the deep red blush on his cheeks. Chewing his bottom lip, he couldn't understand why he was reacting this way towards her, especially because he had just met her the day before. It made him disgusted himself for thinking of her that way but at the same time it made him curious. Why was he acting like this?

It was a fact that Kaeva was a beautiful woman, skin smooth, eyes sparkling and red hair long, flowing down her shoulders and adding the fact that she was a dancer, just like Jimin, struck a cord inside him, creating a melody of attraction. But he held himself back. Despite Yoongi, Jin and Hoseok's relationships, he still wasn't sure about balancing a love life and saving the world.

After all, why would she love someone like him?

"We're heading nowhere," Jimin mumbled out instead, trying to hide the baffled state he was currently in.

Kaeva didn't respond to that and Jimin was unsure if she had heard it or not, so there was a moment of silence for about five minutes, only the sounds of leaves crunching echoing in the dark forest. She finally spoke and the thunder gem bearer was glad. "Jimin... are you, perhaps, a dancer too?"