66. Strategy

Namjoon swallowed dryly, a loud gulping sound rumbling from his throat

Namjoon swallowed dryly, a loud gulping sound rumbling from his throat. The past few hours have been hell — no pun intended — for him and the rest. The one time exquisite was food was served to them, it ended up being poisoned and they were thrown in jail. After breaking out, Jungkook went berserk and nearly killed both Taehyung and the King of Hemel.

Now Hel had broken their so called peace treaty with Hemel and are sparking another war.

Namjoon wondered if it could get any worse.

Loud alarms blared, the sharp noise piercing through Namjoon like a bolt of lightning. Instead of the standard red color alarms had back on Earth, bright gold beams flashed across the throne room.

Feeling a grip tighten around his arm, Namjoon looked down and saw Jimin next to him, lips trembling and a complicated mixture of emotions in his hooded eyes. He stared at the thunder gem bearer, the sight seemingly angering him. He hated it when he was sad.

Maybe the day could actually get worse — Namjoon thought.

"Jimin, what's wrong?," Namjoon whispered softly and rubbed Jimin's shoulder as the throne room's doors slammed open, rows of Hemelian guards stomping inside.

Namjoon stared at Jimin, who was still too lost in his own thoughts to reply. Staring at the orange haired wonder, he pursed his lips into a thin line and scanned his uneasy expression. It seemed like time was in slow motion at this very moment. What was he thinking? Was he worried the Helians? Or his friends? Or was he thinking about something else?

"Jimin?," Namjoon asked again, this time with a more gentle tone.

Jimin blinked, his plump lips unconsciously forming a pout. He flicked his eyes towards Namjoon before smiling, eyes turning into crescents, although it was obvious that something was hidden behind that grin.

"I'm fine, Joonie," Jimin whispered, the sound of the guards' voices and alarm turning into static noise in Namjoon's ears. "I was just... thinking about some stuff, you know?"

Namjoon frowned. He knew that something was bothering Jimin and had the strongest urge to ask about it. At the same time, he didn't want to force the club leader to open up when he wasn't ready.

Not really sure when or how it started, Namjoon suddenly gained a personal goal of protecting Jimin at all costs. He didn't know why he was so overprotective when it came to Bliksem's king but he would fight anyone or anything that was at least threatening to the thunder gem bearer.

Namjoon looked down at Jimin again and stared at his face. Although he wore a frown, the smooth skin of his cheeks still glowed, thick lips red and succulent, resembling a fresh round cherry. There were a few freckles below his eyes, one that ran down to his cheeks. His eyes were hooded, yet they sparkled.