32. Vrede

A/N - (Thanks to SKULLMODEL for the fan art!)

Jungkook ran his fingertips across the polished wooden body of the ship, feeling smooth against his skin. His wings flapped behind his back, both of excitement and fear of stepping back into his home planet after so long, as he silently watched the others staring at the entrance of the ship, which was still sealed, only opening upon the orders of the captain. He took a moment to study everyone's expressions — Everyone was staring in awe but you and Emily in particular were nearly drooling in excitement, babbling about how cool it was to be riding a ship that could cross planets.

When Jungkook noticed that Taehyung wasn't in the group, he felt a tap on his shoulder. It was so sudden that his wings straightened, some feathers shedding out of shock. He turned, sighing upon the sight of a snickering Taehyung. "God, don't do that, Taehyung!"

"Heh, you should have seen your face," Taehyung was chuckling with that deep voice of his, using the cup of his sleeve to cover his mouth. "You were like—"

"Oh, shut up," Jungkook snapped the moment Taehyung started to imitate his shocked expression by widening his eyes and exaggeratedly opening his mouth. He looked up at the ship, a bit overwhelmed by its size. It was even bigger than any of warship he's ever seen, including those from the kingdom of Vlam, which specialized in weaponry. It made him wonder which kingdom was in charge of creating this vehicle, but the snake symbol it had gave him an idea. "Hey, Tae, do you know how to operate this thing?"

Taehyung shrugged, placing the staff on his shoulder and following Jungkook's gaze. After a while, he started to levitate, trails of purple mist left behind below his feet. The others were too distracted to notice. "You want to figure it out?"

Jungkook smirked, hoping into the air and spreading his wings. "No need to ask me."

Thankfully, contrary to Jungkook's expectations, there was no forcefield surrounding the ship so he and Taehyung had easy access to the deck. Since it resembled a pirate ship, outside of the ship was open, the cold air hitting them with a crisp. Jungkook saw two flights of stairs crossing one another, leading to the highest part of the deck, where the captain's wheel was located. In between the stairs was a metal door, which Jungkook assumed was the entrance to the captain's quarters.

Jungkook sniffled, scrunching his nose until he let out a loud sneeze, wings straightening once more. Taehyung gave him a look. "What? It's way too dusty in here."

"I can help with that," A voice said from above, Jungkook nearly screeching because of it. Hoseok landed next to him with a pat. Seriously, what's with the other wonders and sneaking up on people? "Jin saw the both of you flying so I decided to check it out. Are you guys trying to get the ship running?"