41. Responsibility

"Are you really sure about this decision, Your Highness?," Mathilde questioned Namjoon whilst fiddling with the laurel crown in her hands

"Are you really sure about this decision, Your Highness?," Mathilde questioned Namjoon whilst fiddling with the laurel crown in her hands. Jimin was standing next to Jin, glancing around the area as he listened to their conversation. Shortly after Namjoon and Taehyung's return, the rest of the rebel group entered Aarde's main city and the new king ended up reciting a long philosophical speech about moving on from the past and making the most out of the present, one that hit the thunder gem bearer more than it should have since he would sometimes find himself thinking about his family, silently mourning their deaths.

Still, Jimin was proud of Namjoon for moving on from his struggles of the past, he could tell by how he had mentioned his little sister's name, Yuna, around him for the first time since they met. He could tell by his stance, his words, and the way he spoke about hid past so freely, so sure of himself and his destiny.

It made Jimin wonder if he was ever going to reach that point of assurance in his life.

"I told you, Mathilde, just call me Namjoon. And I'm a thousand percent sure of my decision. I can't think of anyone else more deserving of the throne than you," Namjoon said with a cocked eyebrow, arms crossed over his chest, smiling brightly to reveal his dimples. He tapped her arm, gesturing for the crown and placing it on her head. "See? A look fit for a queen."

Mathilde looked at Namjoon for a solid minute, face void of any sort of emotion, before she sighed deeply. Her face was timeless, ageless, having no signs of wrinkles or old age. "I apologize Namjoon but I do not think I have the capability of withholding such a big responsibility."

"Nonsense," Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head a bit. "You took care of all those women like you were their mother. Being Aarde's queen is just like having thousands of extended family members. I'm sure you can handle that. Besides, I'll be taking back the throne once Hel's king is defeated and that won't take too long, I promise."

The corner of Mathilde's mouth curved upwards, forming a smirk. She pulled the tunic down to her shoulders, exposing the crown some more. "You really are something, aren't you, Kim Namjoon?"

"I'm just doing what I think is right," Namjoon shrugged before reaching out a hand towards Mathilde, who stared at it hesitantly before she grabbed it gently. "Come on, I should introduce you to the people."

The moment Namjoon and Mathilde disappeared into the balcony, everyone was left to themselves, giving Jimin an opportunity to look at the rest. Most of them were standing awkwardly but he caught the guilt-filled on Jin's face as he scratched his arm, Emily speaking to him to try and comfort the boy. Hoseok was staring right at her for some odd reason. Jungkook was just chewing his bottom lip. The more interesting events were happening at the other side of the line — where he could see you staring at the ground with remorse, Yoongi shooting you a glance of worry. Taehyung was also staring at through the corner of his eyes, trying to be sneaky, making Jimin laugh because it was way too obvious.