{Part 1} |ChApTeR oNe| Bravery

"The mere bravery of a person that allows them to stand up and be able to protect another, even through fear and confusion, could bring about countless possibilities."

|Reader's POV|

What's the first thing you do when you wake up from what seems like a dream in a kitchen that definitely wasn't the kitchen of your house, unsure of your very name and topped off with a splitting headache? Perhaps wait until that migraine died down then figure out where the heck you are? Actually calm down? Well, that wasn't my case apparently. Apparently I didn't have any common sense at the time and panicked, one of my flailing arms knocked a plate off a countertop and sent it crashing to the floor. Yup, I find myself in someone's house and the first thing I do is break the owner's plate. Fantastic.

'Lovely. Just lovely. I'm screwed.' I bluntly thought to myself, facepalming at how clumsy and careless I was.

Fortunately, my head miraculously stopped spinning so I guess that's pretty good. I froze, every muscle in my body suddenly going still when I heard faint voices and the sound of footsteps growing closer. I glanced around wildly, trying to look for somewhere to hide. I quickly raced towards a bookcase, and squeezed myself behind it. Through a space between two books, I could make out the figure of a black haired man. He didn't really seem like a threat or anything, just a random guy I guess?

I crept out from behind the bookcase. While he was busy examining the broken plate, I waved and try to get him to notice him or react. No response. I raised an eyebrow, circling around the mysterious man.

"Umm, hello?" I attempted to get his attention. "...Can you hear me?" Nothing. This dude must be deaf or something.

I see a hallway in the distance, so I decided to ditch the deaf guy and go down it. As I do so, I heard screams and thundering footsteps. I raced toward the sounds, surprisingly fast actually, like I was being pulled towards it.

There, I met the familiar amber eyes of a man that made me immediately stop in my tracks. Everything around me seemed muted. It was like a spark of electricity raced through my body and jolted my nerves awake.

Then I saw the figure of a monster moving to attack him and did what any normal person would do.

"W-Watch out!"

My body wanted to do more than a yelling a warning, apparently. I sprinted in front of him, and faced the grey monster alien thing, unarmed and with no common sense. Instincts say screw common sense. Just then, something truly amazing happened. A warm tingling sensation of what felt like magic was blessed upon my hands. I eagerly looked down...

And a sword appeared in it?!

I would be lying if I said it wasn't cool. The silver blade looked pre-sharpened and its (F/C) grip felt unnaturally comfortable for a sword that didn't even belong to me.

Or did it?

I clutched it tightly. I have no choice. I played enough video games to work a sword, right?

I swung the blade at the monster. I have to say, it felt real good. The thing lost its balance, swiftly moving backwards to just barely dodge my sword. It brought me the time I needed. I turned towards the auburn haired man, his expression dark, confused, and terrified all at the same time.

"Run."

"B-But ra-ragazza!"

When the monster began advancing towards me, I turned to look at him. "Look, I really don't know who you are, who I am, how this sword got in my hand, how to wield it or what that thing is, but," I inhale sharply after quickly saying those random words that practically exploded out of my mouth. I ran to its side, landing another hit on the monster as it attempted to attack once more. "It seems to be targeting you, for some weird reason." I said loudly, in case he couldn't hear me. I wouldn't be surprised honestly, the sound of a sword slashing and blood splattering was pretty noisy.

"But...I can't just leave a young ragazza like you here." The man insisted, his face twisted with a mix of fear, puzzlement, stubbornness, and hesitation.

"...Fine, then you just go run away. I'll catch up with you."

"S-Sí!" He squeaked out and ran away. He ran inhumanely fast, I can say that.

I faced the monster, my hands shaking. I decided that those hits I managed to land on it were pure luck. I seriously had no fighting skills, especially with a sword.

That was when I saw the door. I glanced at my opponent, who stared at me with its hollow eyes, daring me.

I took the risk and made a run for it.

I grabbed the door knob, but before I could even twist it, my hand was stricken with pain. Wisps of smoke rose up from between my fingers. I could feel the heat searing into my skin. I screamed, instantly tugging my hand away, grabbing at it with the other.

"PLEASE DON'T LEAVE, IT'S NOT YOUR TIME YET, (NAME)!"

"Wh-Who are you?" I whispered to the voice that spoke in my head.

Too late.

I felt pain flare up in my side when I'm forcefully thrown to a wall, getting roughly slammed against it. I tried to get up, but failed terribly. I shut my eyes and grit my teeth, letting out small grunts of pain.

Since I didn't know who I was, it didn't matter if I die, right?

"I-

DON'T-

KEEP-

PROMISE-"

'Promise?'

The last thing I heard before I lost consciousness was the slashing of a sword.