|ChApTeR fOuR| Wonder

(A/N: Hi everyone! Just wanted to say a quick thank you for reaching 200 reads! Enjoy!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand."

-Neil Armstrong

|Reader's POV|

Click.

Japan turned the key, pushing the door open and revealing...well, a library. Duh. He goes to explore the library, but stopped sharply. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back. His brown eyes flashed with shock and fear for a brief moment, until it shifted into confusion.

"Wh-What is it Japan?"

"I thought...I thought I saw..." He shook his head and released me. "N-Nevermind."

I nodded, wondering what he saw, but instead I walked over to a bookcase and searched it thoroughly.

"There's so many books here. If I weren't in such a hurry, I would definitely leaf through them." Japan said aloud, also looking through books with a small smile on his face, barely visible sparkles in his eyes. "... Well... just one won't do any harm, right?"

"Yeah, we have t..." I looked at him, stammering over my words until I found the one I was trying to say. "W-We have t-time."

>Learned Japan's personal skill: Dismissal<

'Dismissal? Hmm...seems cool...'

I immediately stopped staring and turned away, not wanting to worry Japan. My gaze fell onto a desk, which had some books, papers and...What was that?

I decided to check out the unorganized papers, spread messily out on the desk. The papers had really interesting and weird writing on it, one that I couldn't understand. Maybe it was in another language or-

"T... This is...! An ordinary riceball!"

I chuckled, watching as Japan held it up by the fingertips so delicately, like it was his most prized possession.

>Obtained Onigiri<

"Japan, it's just a-"

"(N-Name)! Duck!"

Horrified, I dropped to the ground. I lifted my head and saw Japan climbed over the table. He then jumped over me. I heard the slashing of his katana and stood up, spinning around to see that monster again.

I reluctantly stood my ground, watching Japan and noticing...

His name and two bars, one orange labeled H and the other blue labeled M, hovered over his head.

A hologram appeared in front of me, which showed a list of different sayings like 'Curse' and 'Dismissal'. On the top it read, 'Japan's Attacks'.

'A...Attacks?'

I lifted a hand to gently press my pointer finger onto Curse and Japan sprung off the ground and landed a simple hit on the monster. The blue bar went down a bit. I then noticed that the monster also had two identical bars and when it was hit, the orange one went down. I continued this until it was really stunned and gave us a chance to escape.

Before Japan could even catch his breath from the sudden battle, we raced between the rows of bookcases. In the corner of my eye, I catch a mere glimpse of a...key.