|ChApTeR TwEnTy tWo| Want Versus Need

(A/N: Hey guys! I haven't had one of these for a while so I thought I should add a quick little one. Thanks for the reads, the votes, adding this story to your reading lists and especially the comments. Tbh they never fail to crack me up XD Anyway I'm nearing my 5K milestone as well as a certain part of the story where things start to get pretty tense, I hope to make a 5K view special around that time, that'd be very convenient. Thank you again and I hope you continue to enjoy.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes we are so focused on what we want, we miss the things we need."

-Anonymous

|Reader's POV|

"Phew~"

Japan had used the key to open the door to the prison cell and three people filed out of it.

"Thanks! This was a good place to take refuge in, but then we couldn't get out and we've been waiting for you guys to get here!"

"This is the only time we're doing you this favor!" China huffed.

"Oh, well...Anyway, Prussia, what were you doing here, again?" Germany asked.

"You guys wouldn't wake up! I had a really hard time after that! It's a miracle I'm still alive!" Prussia exclaimed.

"You better have stayed alive or I would've killed you." I paused. "I know that makes no sense...God, I can't even talk properly." I looked up at Prussia, frowning. "Just don't scare me-or us-like that again."

"(Name)'s right, you worried us." Japan agreed. He stepped forward. "Prussia, you were gone when we woke up. Was it because you encountered that thing?"

"Oh, that. When I was having fun keeping watch, when someone suddenly began to pound on the door. When I opened it, I found it was HIM." Prussia emphasized the 'him' part as he turned his head to glare at the man next to him, who was also trapped in the cage.

"His face was a masterpiece. But he came out swinging his sword at me and I got a little injured."

"Aw, come on, I said I was sorry! It was just a flesh wound, anyway!"

I chuckled lightly. I guess those two are pretty familiar with each other.

"Anyway, while you three..." He trailed off when his gaze landed on me, his clear blue eyes locking with mine. "Excusez-moi, I suppose I should say while you four snored away."

The man drifted towards me. The entirety of his actions and looks screamed elegance. From the poised posture, to the graceful strides he took to reach me, I could already sense that he was going to be an...interesting person. He grasped my hand in a gentle yet firm grip and lifted it to his lips, giving the back of my hand a neat, soft kiss. Blonde locks of hair curled around his shoulders, an addition to the stylish, chic kind of look he was going for.

He pulled away, still holding onto my hand, tipping his head to bow politely. "My name is France, mon cher. And how should I address such a lovely lady?"

I snapped out of my little daze and straightened my back, staying frozen in place. "U-Um, hi. I'm (Name)." I said awkwardly.

"A pure, innocent petite fille like you is frightened, being in such a dangerous place, I'm sure."

I smirked lightly, finally gathering my courage and pulling my hand from off his. "Ah, and that's where you're wrong. If you knew me, you'd know I can protect myself, thank you very much." I replied, mixing a hint of sass in my voice. "Invading my personal space and having a bit of charm isn't going to woo a girl like me, by the way, nice try." I tapped his nose and smiled mischievously.