6K Special-Fantasy/Medieval AU [Pt 3]

(A/N: 7K READS AHH-

We're so close to 10K and honestly I'm about to cry. I'm really glad to have all of you loyal readers you're all just so amazing~ I'll make the Wizard of Oz and Wonderland AUs 7K Read Specials. Thank you again for the support and I hope you enjoy!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crowd moved aside to make a path for me, leading to the entrance. I walked along the path, my nerves jittering uncontrollably. Tense, I ducked my head a little and kept marching.

"Him? He looks a little suspicious..."

"And intimidating."

"Yes, yes. I believe I know him. He's been dominating every battlefield he's ever been in."

"I heard he murdered someone."

"He does look like a murderer..."

My head whipped to the voices, who gossiped like crazy. My sharp glare was enough to shut them up. I had a feeling they were just rumors. And if they were true...well, let's hope they aren't. Besides, it just wasn't right to let people spread untrue rumors about someone. Even if they were true, it's also not smart to stir up unnecessary fear.

"Presenting Prince Ivan Braginsky of Russia." 

Oh.

I craned my neck up and titled my head all the way up to the ceiling to look at him. If his height wasn't intimidating enough, he wore this smile. But it was that sort of smile you put on because you have to. The pleasantness of his upturned lips didn't reach me, for the off putting darkness in the aura around him and the chilling glint in his eyes blocked it.

"Princess?"

"Um, h-hello."

"Privet, devushka." He reached for my hand and I instinctively pulled back. "I promise I won't hurt you."

I steadily gazed into his eyes and nodded firmly. "I know."

I slowly slipped my hand into his. His fingertips were warm, but when my own fingers met his frigid palm, I couldn't help but shiver. He gave a quick peck of his lips to the back of my hand.

"Care for a dance, princess?"

"Of course." I smiled, a bit nervously I must add, and gathered up my dress to follow beside him.

We danced for a while, but it seemed as if the atmosphere just dimmed, turning gloomy. People were dancing and I didn't fail to notice their judgmental side glances.

"I'm sorry."

I glanced up at Ivan and cocked my head. "Hm? Why are you sorry?"

"I spoiled your party, I sincerely apologize I never should've come." He tried to slip out of my grasp, but I hung on tightly.

"Don't say that."

"But-"

I smiled brightly and patted his arm. "Give me a second." I turned and walked over to the nearest table. I climbed onto it and cleared my throat loudly.

"Excuse me! May I have your attention, please?"

"What is she doing on that table?"

"Indeed. What a rambunctious girl."

"It's unfortunate that she's going to be this kingdom's future queen."

I grunted, irritated, and abruptly banged my foot against the table.