|ChApTeR tWo| Japan

|Reader's POV|

"Hallo, (Name)."

I jolted awake. Oh how wonderful, yet again I don't know where I am. I guess I just have to get used to it.

I was lying down...somewhere. Honestly I had no idea. Perhaps in a field of grass or a meadow, for I felt the gentle sway of the blades of grass brushing against my head. No matter how much I tried, I was unable to sit up. It was as if my body was being controlled by another.

All I could do was move my lips, so I might as well talk. "(N-Name)? Wh-Who's that?" My voice came out hoarse and a little raspy so I stuttered out my words hesitantly. "Who...is speaking to me?"

"I see. So your memories haven't returned yet. Tell me, what do you last remember?"

"...U-Umm..." My head started to hurt as my recent, jumbled memories resurfaced. "I didn't fulfill a promise to an auburn haired Italian and a grey alien monster attacked me and-"

"That's enough, (Name). Do not stress yourself out...hmm, so it's only the beginning..."

"I'm sorry...but I don't know what you're talking about."

"Well, you shouldn't. At least not yet." A pause. I could almost hear the person that talked pondering carefully. "Forgive me for thinking aloud."

"That's alright." I sat upright, surprised my body was working again. I suddenly stopped midway, flinching. "Ouch...wha...oh, right."

"Ja, it seems you've went unconscious."

"I got injured?"

"That is correct."

Accepting the fact that moving wasn't going to help, I laid back down. "I've heard your voice before. It sounds different, but I have."

"Ah, when you tried to exit. Sorry for the shouting. I wasn't sure if you could hear me back then."

I chuckled lightly. "My ear's still ringing, you know. But it's okay."

"I apologize for burning your hand, (Name), but you made a promise to me before. I'm afraid I cannot let you out of the mansion until that happens."

"I-I did? Why don't I remember anything?"

"...I can't explain further. But you will get your memories back."

"If you say so." I replied with a yawn. "Man, I'm tired..."

"Then it seems our meeting is coming to an end. It's time for you to wake up now, (Name)."

"Hmm, okay..." I answered sleepily. The blue sky seemed hypnotizing, whispering softly for me to fall asleep. Before my eyes could close, they whipped open. "Wait! But I didn't get your-"

----------------------------------------------------

"Name!"

"H-Huh?! I-I'm sorry! P-Please forgive me!!"