|ChApTeR SiX| Chance

|Reader's POV|

"You..."

I slashed the monster across its side and crimson red blood splattered on my hoodie. 

"You wouldn't..."

I gritted my teeth as I sidestepped, narrowly dodging a hit from the thing.

"Even dare..."

I spun around and charged, bending down and furiously attacking the monster's legs with cuts and the anger that boiled inside of me.

"Hurt."

There was opening. A chance.

"My."

I sharply pulled away to dodge a missed punch and closed in, raising my blade and stabbing the monster straight through its chest.

"Friend."

The thing's hollow eyes glared down at me, but I knew I had defeated it. Though it was towering over me, I didn't feel small compared to it.

It vanished right before my eyes and my blood stained sword hung in the silent air. I tossed my sword off to the side and turned around, racing towards Japan. His brown eyes were wide with surprise and a bit of fear.

"W-Whoa...that was a little terrifying." He gave a light, weak chuckle. However, I had a feeling he was seriously hurt somewhere.

"Japan, let go of your hand."

"N-No, I'm fine."

Buckling my knees, I dropped to the ground and lifted a hand. "Please?"

"No thank you."

Nevertheless I kept on insisted and eventually resorted to prying his hand off his head. The moment his fingers slipped, he revealed the wound on his head, which was oozing with fresh red blood that trickled down his skin when he let go of it.

I gasped, frozen with shock and terror.

"(N-Name), I-I think I'm alright. I'm a country after all, I c-can't die."

"Stop spouting nonsense like that, Japan. You're literally gushing with blood! You almost got yourself killed." I scolded, but I was internally freaking out. I had no idea how to treat a wound...

I think?

"Okay...okay, um..." I calmed myself down and thought carefully. I glanced around and slipped my hands into my pockets...

And pulled out a small pack of tissues.

Where'd I even get these?

I grabbed a few and propped Japan up so I could see his head. I gently and steadily pressed the tissues down onto the wound, which began to soak up blood like a sponge. Surprised I even seemed to know what I was doing, I continued to add more tissues while still putting pressure on his injury.

But I had this feeling we were being watched.

I shivered, feeling insecure about the eerie silence.

'We have to move. I'm guessing what I did before was just luck, I'm sure I don't even know how to use...What?'

I looked around. No sword.

'How...?'

"Japan?"

No answer.

I saw his closed eyes and sighed. 'Unsurprisingly unconscious. Now we really have to move somewhere...'

While wondering where exactly we were going to go, I spotted a key. I carefully put Japan down, retrieved it and looked it over.

A floating sign appeared hovering above it that read,

>Obtained Bedroom Key<

I shoved it into my pocket with the rest of the tissues and returned to Japan. I picked him up slowly with my arms wrapped around his stomach and dragged him out of the room and through the hallway.

"This is gonna be a long, fun day." I muttered under my breath as I started my trek to find the room that opened to the bedroom key.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Running while carrying an injured guy is not so fun. I felt the monster's hollow eyes trained on me from behind but I didn't even dare look. If it caught me, I knew I didn't stand a chance. I continued to run until I stopped at a door, frantically pulling the key out of my pocket and attempting to open the door.

To my relief, it opened with a click and I bolted inside. I shut the door and locked it. I dropped Japan and pressed my palm against my chest to catch my breath. I dragged Japan towards a bed until I spotted a white haired man with his back facing me standing silently.

Wait a second...white hair....

"U-Uh h-"

He suddenly whipped around, revealing a black sword that he swung-

CLANG

Complete.

Silence.

"Mein. Gott."

My...sword?

It just...appeared in front of me. In my hands.

The tip held right along a neck.

Of one of the Japan's friends.