|ChApTeR FiFtEeN| Meeting

|Reader's POV|

"Sorry for making you wait. Now, without further ado, I'll explain our situation."

My gaze swept across the room. I felt much more at ease, now that I knew the newcomers better. I would be sure to get to know them even better as time went on, but I felt as if, at least for now, all had a bond of mutual understanding: We're all trying to get out of this mansion.

As Japan continued to talk, I tuned out some parts of it, instead matching the names that floated in my head to the new faces in the room.

"First, I went to take a look around, but in the meantime, that monster you saw before appeared and attacked them."

"W-were you all right after that?"

Oh, right. Him. I wasn't sure of his name yet since I think he was...busy. I don't know really, it's just that he was mumbling to himself a lot and seemed just off in general. I would ask or comfort him, but I didn't know him at all so it would be kinda weird.

"We've run out of firewood. Can I burn this wooden box?" Italy piped up, glancing around the room.

"Yes, let's burn anything that can be used as fuel." Germany answered, walking towards him and stopping in front of the fireplace to help Italy. Knowing him, he'd probably accidentally burn himself or burn the room down.

Watching Germany and Italy was comforting, and funny at the same time. With Germany scolding Italy whenever his hand got too close to the fire, a worried expression on his usually stoic face, it made me want to laugh.

Whether they know it or not, those two were really cute together.

Once they got the fire up and running, I tuned back into the discussion going on between the rest of the countries.

"Yes. And that's what happened to us. But... I thought for sure that America and France would be here, too?" Japan said.

"Yeah, the six of us came here on America's suggestion and split up into two groups. China, France and I went to check out the second floor, while America, Russia and Canada looked around the first floor." The unfamiliar blonde spoke.

China added in, "We had a bad feeling while we were on the second floor, so Opium and I went to check out the third and fourth floor. When we finished looking and came down to the second floor, France was gone and I found Japan's burnt clothes in this room, and I wondered what had happened."

'More like worried about Japan.'

"We came back to the first floor and found Russia and Canada fighting that Thing. The bastard disappeared the first chance he got."

"Watch your language!" China exclaimed, unconsciously aiming a side glance at me.

I raised an eyebrow, puffing out my cheeks, but decided not to say a word.

"Really? Um, I vaguely noticed it when I was fighting it, but that strange creature..."

"It resembles a friend of America's, doesn't it?" When Germany said this, my eyes narrowed in confusion.

"A friend of America's?" I repeated, looking around the room.

"That's right! I noticed it the moment I saw it! That's definitely it!"

I pouted. Alright, the cold shoulder. That's cool...

Speaking of getting ignored, I glanced at Canada. He had stayed as silent as me throughout the entire meeting, eyes deep with thought.

"Um... it's name was..."

"To... Tommy? Wasn't it?"

"You're mistaken." A soft, but confident voice finally spoke. His voice echoed through the room, which had suddenly become eerily quiet.