|ChApTeR niNeTeEn| Lie

"A single lie discovered is enough to create doubt in every single truth expressed."

-Anonymous

|Italy's POV|

I knew that it would be dumb to pick a fight with (Name). The way she wields that sword is simply amazing. Merciless, yet graceful. Skilled, but deadly. I had to be attentive with my choice of words, being careful not to reveal too much but just enough to satisfy some of her curiosity. 

"Why am I a threat to you? What are you planning?" 

Wow. She just had to start with that one, didn't she.

"...I can't tell you th-"

"Italy." Fury seethed between her gritted teeth. 

Uh oh, not a good sign. I held up my hands in defeat. "Fine. I won't answer that, but I'll tell you about Luciano and all this 2p, 1p thing. Okay?"

(Name) gazed at me hesitantly, but it was enough to let the flames in her eyes simmer down. Perfect. "Alright. Tell me as much as you can."

"The term 2p means second player. When the 2ps were born, they were their own people. They represented their 1ps' grief, heartache, bloodlust, anxiety, sadness and pain. The 2ps are the polar opposites of the 1ps in personality and sometimes looks, it depends on the person. Luciano is my 2p."

"And this guy right here is my 1p." Luciano slowly materialized next to (Name), wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Missed me?~"

"No, not at all." (Name) replied bluntly, mirroring my thoughts exactly. She shrugged off Luciano's arm and took a step away from him.

"2ps are considered to be more violent, too.

"Mm, violent in bed if you know what I-"

"Ew, no. Shut up, Vargas." (Name) snorted, jabbing her elbow into his side with a light smirk, shutting him up. "Literally no one needed that comment."

"Anyway, they imitated their 1ps, causing chaos in the countries. They started unnecessary wars, things like that."

Luciano purred, "Which was rather fun, if you'd like to know.

"Well the chaos you 2ps created caused us 1ps to act." I tossed Luciano a defiant side glance. "So England decided to use his magic to banish them to a special object close to each nation." I lifted my journal into the air, looking at (Name) carefully. "The special object I chose was this journal. Did you do something?"

She flinched, averting her gaze from mine. "M-My hand may or may not have accidentally touched it."

"Every banishing spell always has a way to reverse the outcome, but I don't know what the specifications were. You have to ask England about that. I guess it has something to do with you, of course."

"I see." She tapped her chin, deep in thought. "And about me being a threat to you..."

"(Name)?" Catching her attention, she glanced up. "I'm sorry about saying that about you. It's just...I've been through a lot. There are things I haven't even told Germany or Japan. When I get everything figured out, I'll be sure to tell you. To tell everyone."

Her narrowed eyebrows gradually relaxed and she nodded. 

"Here," I snapped, remembering something. "I'll try to make it up to you." I walked over to the piano, examining it. "I meant to give it to you sooner but I forgot where I put it for safekeeping, or so I called it. Aha." My fingers brushed against a knob, which opened to reveal a secret compartment underneath the piano. I tugged a backpack out of the hole and handed it to (Name). "It's yours."

"This...This looks really familiar." She took it and slung the straps over her shoulders. "It's heavy, what's in it?"

"A bunch of medical supplies. Just a tip, you could put the things we found before in there instead of shoving it in your pocket. I'm surprised you haven't dropped anything by now." I suggested and pointed to her oversized pocket, letting out a soft chuckle. 

"Haha, yeah." (Name) awkwardly started grabbing fistfuls of beer and Onigiri and tossing it into the bag. Once her pocket was emptied she looked up at me, a sparkle in her (E/C) eyes. "Thanks, Italy."

"Ve~ You're very welcome, (Name)."

"Italy? (Name)? What are you two doing in here?"

|Reader's POV|

Great timing. Just spectacular. 

Japan and Germany stood at the doorway, eyebrows raised and expressions a mixture of concern, curiosity and inquisitiveness. 

"O-Oh, nothing. Let's go." I caught up to them, walking in between the two. 

"Where'd you get that?" Germany asked. He pointed to my backpack. 

"Italy gave it to me. It's got all of the items we collected until now as well as some medical supplies like band-aids, rubbing alcohol, gauze roller bandages, and aspirin." I listed off. 

"Convenient. I wonder where he got that."

"Yeah." I turned my head, meeting Italy's gaze for a split second. "I wonder."

Italy lied to me. He said that he trusted me. I protected him once, and yet he decided to lie.

I turned away from him, focusing only on the path ahead of me.

That's a fact that'll take me a while to swallow. Sure he's trying to repair the damage, but it's already been done. 

I choked back the tightness building up in my throat, digging my fingernails into my palm.

Congratulations, Italy. This storm you were trying to avoid? She's coming straight at you, and she's not slowing down.

I'm going to figure out what you're planning, Italy. You've thrown me down your spiraling staircase of lies. I will climb up to find you before you decide to throw the others down with me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah." 

The door was pushed open, revealing a room that was practically empty except for a table and a bookshelf. 

"So this key leads to this room. A study room."

The moment moved forward, Japan prevented me from taking another step, stopping me by putting his arm in front of me.

"(Name), I'd be better if I go alone."

"Huh?" I let his words sink in, this situation bringing me deja vu. I steadily gazed up at Japan. "Are you not letting me go because I'm a girl?"

"I'm firmly requesting that you don't go because we're worried about you, (Name). It's not that you can't handle it, or that I think you'll be a hindrance to me." Japan stepped in front of me, blocking my path. "Everytime we break those clocks, you seem to be getting tremendously different memories from us. It's not because we don't think you can't handle it, it's because you've been handling it for far too long. Rest and let me take care of it." He placed his hands on my shoulders, bowing his head. "Please."

"...Okay. Since you insist."

Only then did I realize that the danger wouldn't be on the inside. 

A low growl sounded throughout the hallway, issuing a warning. I smirked and spun around, setting my backpack down onto the floor.

The danger would come from the outside. 

And I wasn't going to let it get to Japan.