|ChApTeR EleVeN| Help

(A/N: Hi, everyone! Okay so just a quick note, I'm thanking you all for the reads, I'm so grateful you guys you have no idea. This story has grown in popularity, and I'm really glad it did because I enjoy writing this. Thanks for those who have continued to vote and read my chapters, as well as those who have put this book in their reading lists. So here's a long, about 2,000 word-ish chapter, consider it a celebration for 1K since my last chapter kinda sucked. Thank you~!
~Maggie)
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you allow yourself to be helped, it will become easier to help others."
-------------------------------------------------------------
|Reader's POV|

The longer I stared into his brown orbs, the longer I was sucked into a glimpse of...well, something. All I could interpret from the images was a glowing grandfather clock, its pendulum lyre swinging back and forth like metronome, rapid ticks pounding in my head. Eventually snapping out of my trance, I quickly shifted my gaze to Japan. Italy was listening to what Japan was saying, an airhead like beam on his face, but I caught the subtle, second long side glances directed towards me.

"Yep. It looks like we're locked up. But! I'm so glad I found you, Japan!!" Italy exclaimed with an energetic closed eye smile. He finally looked at me. "Aren't you going to introduce me to the bella over there?~"

"Oh, yes. This is (Name). As you have probably guessed, this is Italy." Japan introduced us.

"Uh, hey there." I nodded, giving another awkward wave.

"You..." Italy paused, his facade faltering for a split second. He looked like he wanted to ask me something, but instead chose not to. "Nevermind. Well, it's lovely to meet you!" He smiled cheerfully and turned back to Japan. "So are you hurt or anything? Hungry?"

"I'm fine. But...you're surprisingly calm about this, Italy. You were even wandering around the house..."

Italy flinched, and I could see it clearly. However, he was incredibly skilled at keeping up that mask of his.

"Well...When that monster appeared, I wanted to cry and cling to Germany, but... Well, both Germany and Prussia were falling apart, too. So I figured someone needed to keep a level head, and even I was amazed at how calm I felt! And then I began to look around for everyone so we could get out of here as soon as possible!" Italy happily said, recovering smoothly.

"That makes sense... I was startled at first, too, but after seeing everyone else so flustered, I felt oddly calm." Japan stated, glancing at me. "(Name) actually handled great as well."

I gave him a grateful, but slightly twitching smile. 'Haha, I was actually dying on inside...'

"So, what about Germany and Prussia? Haven't you found them yet?"

"Yeah, we have. They're on the fourth floor. We were looking around for a tool to help a mochi, but we should better get going." Japan said, heading towards the door.

Though I could try and deny it, Italy is cautious of me. Suspicious, even. I don't know why, since I never met him.

Instead of following after Japan, I stayed behind and glanced back at Italy with a small smile. "The mochi can wait. You see, Prussia and Germany were both very worried about you. I'd be best if we go and let them see you as soon as possible."

His suspicious expression didn't change at all. I sighed and walked out the door, shoulders drooping.

Huh. It's gonna take a lot of work to build trust between us, hm?

But still I wonder...why is he so cautious in my presence anyway?

|Italy's POV|