7K Special-Wonderland AU [Pt 2]

We waited. And waited.

Minutes of complete silence passed. The sound of footsteps were the only noises that were made. I hid in a bush with Allen. I regretted having chose to hide there in such a tiny, cramped place, but it did a good job of concealing us.

My knees were bent, my calves pressed against the ground. I lowered my back and head, watching the mysterious people pass by. The faint image of the heart patterns on their pants was the single clue to figuring out who they were, which wasn't a lot to go off from.

Suddenly a jet black color passed by, differentiating from the swarm of white and red greatly. I instinctively reached out but Allen grasped me by the wrist and mouthed, 'Don't'. I reluctantly nodded and retracted my hand, waiting patiently.

When the footsteps passed, Allen poked his head out of the leaves. He gave me a thumbs up and exited the bush. I followed right behind him.

Once we had regrouped with Gilen and Zao, Allen explained, "Well...okay, I'm gonna be blunt with you. I've seen your face on wanted posters all over this place. Wanted alive, fortunately, but the order was issued by someone called the Queen of Hearts. Do you know her?"

My eyes widened and I nodded quickly. "Yeah...but that's bad. You see the place we're in right now is based off this book, called Alice In Wonderland. The queen is the antagonist in it. So I guess we have to regard her as the enemy. I'm guessing the people who passed by were her army."

"Sounds bad. Then we'll have to steer clear of her and her army." Zao tapped his chin and looked around, receiving a round of nods from me and Gilen. Allen's gaze was elsewhere, scanning the area like he was looking for something.

"Al, you said you knew where Oliver, Matt and Francois are, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He finally looked at me. "We go down this path for a while longer. There'll be a fork in a road and some signs, but I'll lead you right to me, don't sweat it."

"Alright. Let's get going."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's tea time~!"

"uuuuuuGGGGGHHHHH-"

"It's been tea time ever since we fucking got here."

"I know, I know. Cheer up you two, I'm certain the poppet will find us! In the meantime you must have some of this delicious tea."

Allen had successfully led us to the trio, who seemed to be having a tea party. They sat at a long, rectangular table. Teapots, teacups, saucers and plates with delicate desserts on it were scattered chaotically on the surface of the wooden table. Oliver hummed a cheery tune while he poured Francois, who had fallen asleep and was snoozing away, a cup of tea.

Matt sat beside the two, sipping gracefully at his cup, a very annoyed expression plastered on his face. He slammed the cup on the table, gritting his teeth as he growled an irritated, yet passionate, "Pour me another."

"Um, Ollie?"

"Poppet! So glad you could join us." Oliver excitedly clapped his hands together and turned towards me, a teapot and a teacup in each hand. "Care for a cup of tea?"

There was something in his swirling blue and pink eyes that told me he wasn't going to take no for an answer. I was about to reluctantly take the cup, but a hand firmly enclosed itself around my wrist.

"No, she would not." Zao bluntly stated, staring steadily at Oliver.

He gave his lighted cigarette a lengthy smoke, blowing out a huge puff of smoke in Oliver's face. At a point in the smoke's path, it triggered a ripple in what seemed like some sort of barrier. I stared in utter surprise, tilting my neck to see as the ripple traveled upwards, revealing a dome shaped barrier that surrounded the table. A glowing timestamp showing '6:00' popped up in front of me before disappearing, along with the image of the barrier.