|ChApTeR FoRtY fOuR| All Un-Alone

(A/N-Sorry it's not really an eventful chapter, but here you go! Thank you so, so very much for 16K reads, you all are awesome and I never would've done this without you guys. 

So right now I've been thinking about a lot of stuff concerning this fanfic, but I don't think I'm going to share it with you all at the moment (perhaps in a chapter or two, or maybe I'll just make a A/N about it). And don't worry! It's nothing about discontinuing it, just some plans for the future, for the better hopefully. I'd really appreciate it if you could just stay patient with me. 

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy!!

~AJ)

---

~Previously~

"Italy? Why are you looking down? Do you still feel unwell?"

"No, I'm fine. There's something I...want to tell you-"

Our heads lifted simultaneously. A muffled ringtone.

---

|Reader's POV|

Spain belted out in a loud mix of a groan and a scream, "Aaaargh!! Damn it!!" The brunette whipped around on his heel, his arms flailing frantically. "What are we going to do, Romano?!" 

Romano's olive green eyes searched Spain's panicked expression, his own voice faltering as he asked hesitantly, "Wh-What the hell are you going on about?"

The Spaniard's tensed shoulders slowly relaxed and a lengthy exhale erupted from his throat. "I forgot to tell Austria and the others that we found Ita..."

"......" Romano's silence did not provide any answers.

Now I was really confused. 'Austria? The others? What is Spain talking about...?'

France awkwardly stepped forward, trying to make sense of the chaotic, puzzling mess of a conversation. "Euh, quoi, is he coming, too? Wait, "the others"? You mean..."

Romano crossed his arms, nodding carefully while tipping his head back to stare at the ceiling. "Almost everyone who came to the world meeting."

The clouds of confusion covering the countries' faces began to dissipate, and I was honestly feeling really left out. World meeting??

"Romano threw a fit back there. He was really desperate to save his brother, you know. I'd never seen Romano being that honest before!"

"Shut the fuck up, bastardo!!" The Italian's sharp, stubborn attitude bled into his choice of merciless words. "What's wrong with swallowing my pride to save my brother?!" Romano banged the heel of his foot against the ground as he leaned forward, almost challenging the others to try and tease him about it. 

"Yeah! You're right, Brother Dearest!" Prussia didn't seem to get the memo, for he casually wrapped an arm around Romano's shoulders. The look on Romano's face told me he wanted to punch Prussia in the face.

"Romano...thank you."

And with the soft, fragile words of Italy, Romano's anger vanished. He unfolded his arms and gave a solid nod. 

"I just want you to come back...I don't want you to go through that again."

I held my breath. Romano's gaze had moved from Italy's, to mine. He opened his month like he was still debating whether or not to say something to me. 

"Since we fixed the time quite a bit, our phones also work at least a little, right?" Russia clapped his hands together, and I blinked, Romano's head turning away from my gaze.