|ChApTeR NiNe| Insanity (Part Two)

(A/N: Guys we reached 1K!! Wow. I'm legitimately surprised honestly like how?!? XD But since you all liked it and now that I've been getting more ideas I'll just keep continuing. So again thank you for letting me reach 1K. Have fun with yet another cliffhanger. See you in the next chapter~!)

|Reader's POV| 

"I refuse to go back until you tell me."

"I would love to talk (Name) but you really need to go."

"Please tell me something! Anything! I just need to know why did that happen? Who was that? Was that still Japan?"

"(Name), I command you not to think about that. Just...forget it."

I laughed bitterly, biting my tongue to refrain from saying the remarks in my head. "You realize that it's not that easy, right? I'll probably never forget that...the coldness in those eyes. The bloodlust. Those eyes, I could tell he had seen things. Terrible things-"

".

..

...

Enough. Awaken, (Name)."

"No...No! I refuse to-"

----------------------------------

Japan sat down beside the girl, who laid as still as a statue on the cold grey floor. He balled his fist, angry at himself for being so useless.

"I-I'm sorry, (Name). Please-"

"Wake up!" I shouted, swiftly tugging myself upward into a sitting position. The furious fire flickered in my eyes, then faded away when my gaze fell on Japan. His eyebrows were furrowed and I could spot the surprise in his expression. His face was scrunched up and frozen in shock and his entire body seemed tense. 

"..."

"...Oh. Japan. Uh, hey there." I awkwardly said, my voice back to its normal volume. Japan's muscles relaxed and he nodded softly. 

"You startled me quite a bit, (Name)." He got up and politely offered me a hand. "You need to stop doing that." Japan added playfully, smiling teasingly. 

I grinned sheepishly in return and gratefully took his hand, using it to pull me up. "Haha yeah, I get that a lot. But anyway, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. As long as you're alright. Are you?"

I hesitated. "...Yeah."

Though he looked unconvinced, he let it slide. "Okay. Let's go look around. The moment I woke up I stayed by your side and waited for you until you woke up. I didn't have the chance to explore this room yet." He stated, then looked at me and quickly blushed. "Ah, but that's alright. You would've done the same for me. I also didn't want to explore the room without you."

"O-Oh...thank you again, Japan." My fingers nervously tugged at the edge of the sleeve of my hoodie. I quietly stared at the ground, too embarrassed to say anything. 

He cleared his throat. "U-Um, I'll go look around." He rushed off, headed to the nearest bookcase but stopped abruptly. "It's an ordinary piano."

A light smile crept up my lips as I approached him, crossing my arms against my chest. "Whoa, who knew?" I sarcastically stated, looking at the black and white grand piano in front of us. My gaze lingered on the keys and I could feel a twitch in my fingers.

Japan simply ignored me and sat down on the bench in front of the piano, his hands hovering over the keys. ".....Maybe I can play something?"

The exact moment he began to play, I got a strange, deja vu kind of feeling.

'...I know this song...'

|Japan's POV|

I started to play the first song that came into my head. 

"iNSaNiTY,

 Fusou shisou desu.

PSYCHoPaTHY,

Nonki na jinsei."

My fingers almost froze when (Name) began singing along to the song I was playing...

In fluent Japanese.

I was tempted to stop and ask her but she seemed so entranced that I kept going, whispering the lyrics along with her under my breath,

"iNSaNiTY,

Owarenai madoi.

CaPTiViTY, 

Nigerarenai." She sat down on the corner of the seat while she sang, her eyes shining as she bobbed her head a bit. I found the smile I was holding back growing the longer I watched her.

"iNSaNiTY,

Fusou shisou desu.

PSYCHoPaTHY,

Nonki na jinsei.

iNSaNiTY,

Owarenai madoi.

CaPTiViTY,

Odaku ga tsudzukesou." 

I stopped, my curiosity getting the best of me. I turned and met her bright eyes. Oh, she looked quite proud of herself. 

"(Name), if I may ask, how do you know the lyrics to that song? In Japanese, at that?"

"Oh...I actually have no idea honestly!" She laughed and I simply looked at her with a raise of an eyebrow. "No, I'm serious. Really. They kind of just...popped up in my head. I know I've heard that song somewhere before...maybe I heard someone else play it and sing the lyrics." She explained, opening her mouth to say more until she stopped. Her eyes filled with realization and she gasped lightly. "Oh...jeez." She slowly looked up at me. "It was you, Japan. I swear one time...no, a bunch of times...

I've seen you sing and play that song on the piano."

She inhaled sharply and suddenly screamed in pain, her hands flying to her head. She dug her fingers through her scalp, as if pulling out her hair. 

She lowered her head, muttering deliriously. "He does the same thing over and over and over again, rewinding time,  desperately trying to save you all, but it'll never work. There's no point in trying to escape. You see...

It's...

I-It's just..."

Her head slowly lifted to reveal her hollow, sullen eyes; a dark abyss of (E/C) that stared into the depths of his soul. A crazy, terrified look crossed her face that twisted her expression into something that was anything but her own. The voice that had once sung the song I played was now filled with hesitation and fear. 

She had seen something. Something horrifying. 

"What he's trying to accomplish...

Is pure iNsAnITY."  

My own eyes widened. That word...Insanity. Not only was it the title of the song I played on the piano, but it was what she seemed to be dealing with right now. 

Just like how she described it: Pure insanity.

"(Name), what's wrong? Who are you talking about? Who is he?"

"It's him." Her eyes were fixed on something behind me. She tentatively raised a hand, pointing to someone with a trembling finger.

"Him. His name...is Italy."