6K Special-Little Red Riding Hood AU [Pt 1]

It all started when I met a wolf with a snarky, sarcastic attitude and a certain goal that he was determined to fulfill. 

Steal the bowl of pasta in my picnic basket. 

I guess I should start with how it all began.

Oh, me? You'll find out, but for now you can call me Red. Short for Little Red Riding Hood. We'll get to that later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Red's POV|

"WAKE UP GILBERT!" I shouted into the red eyed albino's ear, promptly jumping onto the bed that he laid in and ultimately crushing him under my weight. 

"Mein gott, frau...Ugh why are you like this?" Gilbert breathed out exasperatedly. He gave a yawn before opening his eyes and grinning mischievously. He suddenly sat upright with ease, despite me literally perched on his stomach. He snatched me by the waist and lifted me into the air. 

I laughed and whooped excitedly as he threw me up and caught me in his arms. He set me down onto the ground and slipped out of his bed. 

"Don't underestimate the awesome Gilbert's strength! Kesesese~" He flexed his arm and I smacked his side. 

"Come on, you slept in late again and Feli, Ludwig and Kiku are already awake. I'm going to leave soon, I don't have time to deal with your conceitedness, Gil." I childishly stuck out my tongue and opened his bedroom door.

Gilbert gasped dramatically and pressed a hand to his chest. "You take that back, Missy!"

"Nah." I giggled and bolted out, running into the kitchen before Gilbert could capture me and tickle me until I begged for mercy. The kitchen was pretty much the 'no no zone'. 

Feliciano scurried busily around the cottage, taking out freshly baked bread and putting in other deliciously scented pastries. Ludwig stood at the cashier and was selling the goods to the line of customers extending out of the door. Gilbert wouldn't dare try to start a fight with me in here or he would get smacked in the cheek with a baguette by Feli. You never get in the way of a baker in the middle of working. Also I'm not even kidding about that baguette, it actually happened, I swear. I bring it up all the time when I'm in the bakery and tease him because Gil can't attack me there. 

"They all smell amazing, Feli!" I patted his head as he passed by me, smiling like he always did. I brushed past him and stopped nearby Ludwig, close enough for him to hear me but far enough so I wouldn't get in the way of his work. "Need any help?"

"I think I'll be okay here, Red. Danke." He gave me a small smile before turning to his customer and taking her order. 

I walked over to the back of the bakery and pushed open a door off to the side. This completely different room greeted me with the earthly, fresh scent of herbs and tropical, wild flowers. A variety of hanging planters were hooked to the wall. Plant pots stood on both sides of the only clear path leading to a small cashier and a few tables. I walked through the path, careful to hop over stray bottles of water and bags of fertilizer. I reached the middle of the room where Kiku, a herbalist that specializes in the making of certain combinations of plants. These combinations can help with the healing process of several medical issues, such as the small things like burns or infected cuts, or actual diseases. 

He worked quietly at his table, creating a poultice by grinding up peppermint and snakeroot inside a mortar with his pestle. Without even looking up, he said, "Good morning, Red. Do you mind getting some marshmallow root for me?"