|ChApTeR TwEnTy FiVe| Faith

(A/N: Okay sorry for the miscalculation guys. You see I'm not exactly sure when I'll make the 5K reads special just yet because my brain isn't working with me at the moment bleh >~< But I promise it'll happen. Anyway I forgot to ask, how does the new cover photo look? I used a different site that I found recently so sorry if it's crap lmao. This chapter is a little short, I apologize for that. I've also been writing so much serious stuff I'm trying to subtly lighten the mood with this chapter instead of making it too somber and depressing. Regardless, I hope you enjoy this chapter! As well as the little surprise at the end~)

|Reader's POV|

Germany, Prussia, Japan, Italy and I sharply cut the corners of the hallways we bolted down. We turned down yet another corner and spotted Russia.

"Oh, you're back. What's the matter?"

"We can't use that exit! It's been burnt out! We have to run now!" Japan explained quickly.

"I see. Good thing you found me. Let's hurry. The others should be back soon now." Russia responded. 

When he passed by me to take a place in the back of the group, I could've sworn he was slipping his phone into his pocket. He caught my eye and I shivered. The mysterious, shadowy aura that swallowed him matched the darkness in the depths of his eyes-

"(Name), snap out of it! We need to go."

"Right. Sorry, Japan." I apologized before following Japan right at his heels. I didn't have time to be suspicious of any more people. 

The next person we ran into was France. Once it was explained to him all he said was, "Oh, so we can't use it anymore? Too bad. Let's just get away now."

"It won't open. Let's find some other door!"

"Really?! Let's hurry!" China rushed to join the others.

We met Canada right after that. He nodded and replied, "I-I see. That's too bad. Anyway, let's hurry. America and England are in that room over there." 

We entered a small, empty room.

"You can't be serious!" England openly vocalized the stress we all were probably experiencing. "Just when we thought we were finally going to get out..."

"Lock the door!!" China suddenly reminded us.

"Oh!" Japan took out the key, jogged over to the door and locked it.

"Wow." America looked around at his surroundings. "So, now we're all assembled in this tiny room."

"Damn it! Even though we're all together here, our situation hasn't got any better! Now we're all locked up in here and that fucking monster is after our asses!"

'Whoa...Well I was not definitely not expecting that from Germany. He seems like the chill type but I guess not...'

'Damn. I've only been gone for a few chapters and chaos has wrecked your friends' minds without my help at all.'

'Vargas, stop breaking the fourth wall.'

'Fine. I've been gone for a while and this place has gone to shit already. Lovely.'

'Hey, hey, go easy on the cursing. This story is labeled mature but-'

'Hmph, look who's breaking the fourth wall now.'

'Oh, just shut up. You're not helping.'

"West, don't be so pessimistic. What matters is that we're alive. Besides, with so many nations gone, maybe someone will come to rescue us."