7K Special-Wizard of Oz AU [Pt 1]

(A/N: 7K READS AH IMMA CRY-

I'm actually s h o o k you guys. Like wow. I don't think I can express how grateful I am, but thank you so very much. Please enjoy~!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"No way...!"

"What have you found there, love?"

"A book, it's called the Wizard of Oz. It's a classic." My fingers brushed the spine of the book as I wrenched it out of the bookshelf. Dust exploded in my face, making me cough. I cleared my throat and looked at the book's cover. "I've never even heard of any of the titles of the books in the other shelves. I wonder what this is doing here, I guess I could read it in my spare time."

"Sounds good." England gave a nod and I turned my head to look at him. "If you're all done here, maybe we can keep going and...The book. (Name), the book is glowing!"

"What?" I whipped my head in front of me. I immediately shut my eyes when a dazzling light blinded me, the last thing I felt was the warmth of England's hands touching mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Buongiorno, bella!"

Groggy, I heaved myself up, groaning softly as I cradled the side of my head in my palm. My eyes fluttered open. They shut right away when an assortment of vivid, bright colors blasted my vision.

"Ughhh. I feel like trash. Oh wait, I am trash."

"Oh come on, don't say things like that. Rise and shine, mio caro~!"

I reluctantly pried open my eyelids. It took a lot of blinking and rubbing to get my sight to work again, but once it did I finally took in my surroundings.

A large group of tiny people enclosed around me, staring in awe. They stood on a land decorated with all different kinds of sweets, looking quite vibrant and delicious.

I used my palms to give myself a boost to get off the ground. I stumbled upright.

I snickered.

"Italy...what are you wearing?"

"I don't exactly know...but do I look good? 'Cause an Italian's got to slay."

(Sanders Sides reference if you get this you're awesome-)

Italy smiled innocently at me. He wore this huge, poofy pink gown decorated with sparkles and glitter. A tiara sat atop his auburn hair, and he clutched a wand in his hand.

What was really odd was that he actually looked good in it. Like it fitted him for some reason...?

"Uh. Yeah, Ita. You look good."

"Ve~ I'm glad!" He curtsied like an actual princess, sweeping his dress into his hands and tipping his head lightly. His curl copied his movements, bobbing happily. "Italy the Good Witch of the North, at your service, bella!"

"Really now? Then I guess the rest of the group-"

"Shush!" Italy interrupted me and glanced around uneasily. He put on a smile and spoke, "Alright Munchkins, please give me and our new guest some space. We wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable, now would we?"

After some convincing from Italy, they filed back into their homes.

"Do you know where everyone else is, Italy?"