|ChApTeR TwEnTy sEvEN| Italy's Plan (5K Reads)

(A/N: Jeez, finally! Ik this 5K reads special is really late but cut me some slack people >~< Anyway sorry if this isn't as good as the other milestone specials. Hey, I tried. Enjoy!!)

|Reader's POV|

"Frau, why are you wearing America's bomber jacket?"

"...Long story."

~Flashback~

"Thank you. Actually, A-America...can you do me a favor?"

"Anything for you, (Name)!"

"My hoodie got torn and I'm going to ask France if he can fix it for me. Until then, could I borrow your jacket, please? Just until France can get it fixed."

"Sure, no problem. The hero's got you covered!"

Relieved, I gave a small sigh. "Thank you so much. I owe you one."

"Don't worry about it. Here, I'm going to throw it above the door."

"Okay." I stood in front of the door and caught his brown bomber jacket. I put it on, rolling the loose sleeves around my wrists, making sure every part of my arm is concealed. I grabbed my hoodie and opened the door.

America stood on the other side. He smiled when he saw me, gushing, "Aww, you look super cute, (Name)!!"

I blushed lightly. "Thanks. Come on, let's go."

Prussia looked at me suspiciously.

"I-I swear, it's nothing!" I held up my hands. "In short, I ripped a bit of my hoodie and it's with France, he's fixing it up for me."

"So why did you have to take his jacket?"

"Uh. I-I was cold." I stammered, rubbing my arms together and crossing them against my chest to showcase it. I decided to switch the topic quickly. "What's with all the questions, anyway?" I smirked and leaned in close to him. "Are you jealous?"

"Me? The awesome Prussia? Jealous??" Prussia pointed to himself, swiveling his head from left to right. "No, no, no, no, no."

I raised an eyebrow towards him.

"I'm just...curious."

I rolled my eyes playfully and set my dish into the sink in the kitchen.

After a nice, calming sleep without having to deal with any depressing memories, I felt pretty refreshed. Italy had cooked pasta for all of us, which was amazing by the way, and I was washing my dish and utensils. Prussia had finished before me and decided to bombard me with questions about the jacket I borrowed from America.

Once I finished, I headed toward the long wooden table with Prussia and took a seat. The rest of the nations were already there.

"Well. Everyone has rested, so can we begin our conference now?" Germany asked. He looked around the room.

"Sure. I'm full and I don't feel tired any more, so be my guest~" Russia spoke in a singsong voice.

"Italy's food is really good. He's been working so hard; I'm impressed." China nodded proudly.

"Hehe! Thanks."

"Well? Who's going to speak first?" France asked, not looking up once from his work. His eyes remained fixated on my hoodie. His movements were tentative and skilled when he threaded a needle through the hole in my hoodie, filling the gap with yarn.

"Well..."

"America," Canada began, everyone's attention going to him. "This all started with a single word from you, but you have nothing to do with the Thing, do you? Is it safe to assume that it's just a coincidence that it looks like Tony? That's all I want you to confirm."