|ChApTeR TwEnTy EiGhT| Regret

(A/N: Two updates in a day. It's a miracle you guys. That's all I wanted to say lmao XD)

|America's POV|

I have never been more shook in my life.

"It's no use!! My sword can't cut the bars."

I leaned against the crate and sighed. 

"We can't just use brute strength...Too bad. I don't know what he was going to do, but we have to go after him quickly."

I wasn't so quick to tell everyone that it was actually Italy that told me about the mansion because I knew what would happen. I didn't want to remind Italy about it because I knew he'd blame himself. And even if everyone told him otherwise, he still doesn't believe it.

"But then we can't get out unless someone opens it for us from the outside."

"'Someone'-Everyone is in here! You all walked right into his fucking trap!"

"Or so you think." I spoke up. Everyone's eyes shifted to me.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You all are forgetting about someone." I stood up, steadily meeting England's eyes. "(Name)."

The countries seemed to relax a little, except Germany, who bumped his head against the bars and shut his eyes.

"...I'm an idiot."

"What's wrong, West?" Prussia touched Germany's shoulder. "The frau isn't trapped in here and wherever she is, I'm sure she's trying her best to find us."

"When you all left that cave, I saw that (Name) had stayed behind. I thought she wanted to talk to Italy in private, so I didn't acknowledge her. I was so preoccupied with Italy that I forgot all about her. She...didn't return after her talk with Italy."

"Dammit! If he so much as laid a hand on her I swear..." England trailed off, pacing to and fro within the cage frantically.

I remained frozen in place, that information slapping me in the face. An image of (Name) popped up in my head: Her opening the door, uncomfortably shifting in place as she revealed her tiny self wearing my huge jacket. How a light shade of pink tinted her cheeks when I complimented her, and an awkward smile lit up her face. 

I buried my face in my hands and squeezed my eyes shut. 'Oh, dudette...I hope you're okay wherever you a-'

"Whoa!! Wh-What is this?! What are you doing?!"

"Someone showed up..." 

|Reader's POV|

I rushed into the room beside Spain, my tips of my lips turning upwards immediately.

"(Name)!!"

"Haa, you guys are fine." I stepped forward and seized the bars into my hands as I sighed in relief. "I'm glad."

"Huh? What?! A zoo? A world zoo?! Do not touch or feed the nations?!"

A giggle slipped through my mouth.

"I can't believe it...Is he for real?" France commented bluntly, staring at Spain in utter disbelief.

"Oh, I just remembered!" Spain snapped and looked at the nations inside the cell. "By the way, don't you guys have a ladder or anything like that? Roma-"

"Spain!!! Open this cell!!!!" Germany's voice boomed through the room. Even the prison bars trembled a bit.

"Ack...! Wh-What? What do you mean? I mean, didn't Ita come this way?" Spain attempted to wrap his head around everything, a puzzled look on his face.