|ChApTeR TwEnTy oNe| Reunited

|Reader's POV|

"Italy? Italy! I-I think something's wrong with Japan!" 

Japan was squirming around restlessly, tiny beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. I held him down as best as I could, examining him. His face was scrunched up like he was in pain, but he had no physical injuries as far as I could see. 

"Japan!?" Italy rushed toward me.

"Seizure? Panic attack?" I whispered anxiously under my breath, trying to decipher what was going on. I grabbed his wrist and rested my pointer and middle fingers on his pulse. Rapid beating met my fingertips. I touched his forehead, which was burning.

"Japan, are you okay?"

"Italy!" Japan finally woke up, bending upwards and sitting upright. He held his head, shutting his eyes. His other hand gripped Italy.

"Ow! Wh-What's the matter?"

The group surrounded Japan and Italy, worry in the heavy atmosphere. Not that I thought about it, everyone did seem to be more tense and on edge than usual. 

I didn't like it.

"Japan! Do you remember what we said about the clocks?!" Canada stated, approaching Japan.

"Oh..." Japan stabilized his breathing, bit by bit. He sighed and nodded slowly. "I-I'm sorry. I'm fine. I remember."

"You get a lot more memories than the rest of us, and they are more intense, too." China shifted his gaze from Japan to me. "Same goes with you, (Name)."

"A-Ah...yeah." I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. 

"Are you alright? Do you need to rest a little?" England questioned.

"No, I'm sorry. I was just confused. You all...seem to be fine." Japan's voice was weak yet firm at the same time.

'He seems to be taking it rather easily...Unlike me.' I thought bitterly, sighing softly under my breath.

"Nothing happened to me. To tell you the truth, I haven't got any confusing memories or anything like that even once so far. I haven't been confused at all....Maybe I've just been exempted?"

'Lucky you, Germany. Lucky you.'

"Ahaha, I'm so jealous!" Canada exclaimed with a light chuckle. "In my case, it was so-so. I remembered running from the Thing with Italy, and coming here with America..."

China piped up, "Me, too. But once I calmed down, I realized that was nonsense! And then I forgot about it right away!"

"When we go through it again, it's a feeling similar to waking up from a dream. When we wake up, we have trouble separating dream from reality, but as soon as we calm down, our good judgement comes back. The first thing to do is calm down."

"Deep." I whispered.

"Um...Didn't you...see any rooms other than the ones we've been in so far?" Japan seemed tenacious with his his choice of words.

"Nope." Russia shook his head. "I've got many memories, but they've all been of rooms we've been in so far."

"Did something happen to make you worry?"

Goosebumps ran down my arms. I crossed them against my chest, cautiously glancing at Italy. 

"...No."

I almost laughed out loud. 'Wow, real smooth Japan. That was way too long of a pause for your answer to be actually truthful.'

"Okay, are your watches all right?" England clasped his hands together, receiving nods all around. "Then let's go to the basement."