|ChApTeR fOuRtEeN| Newcomers

|Reader's POV|

"You are all right, I suppose? Excuse me while I deal with this Thing, then."

I shook my head. I guessed Japan got here before me and did some cool sword stuff to save whoever he was talking to. He sounded calm, but I could hear the exhilaration in his voice.

A soft voice spoke, "B-but it's awfully strong..."

I tried my best not to smirk as I turned the corner. Why excuse me, if Japan could be cool so could I.

"Well, excuse me, but so is he."

I froze. There was a lot more new people than I expected. Several pairs of curiosity filled eyes were pinned on me, and I began to sweat.

"Who-"

"Are you?"

I lifted my hand to give an awkward wave but stopped at my hip, my eyes narrowing. I drew a sigh out of my lips, to bring peace upon my jittering nerves, and partly because I was getting a tad bit annoyed with that Oni showing up out of nowhere and injuring me as well as draining my energy and strength.

My sword appeared in my hand, rays of light brushing along my palm, its warmth spreading through my fingers. I was getting adjusted to my weapon now, so much that I noticed how the warmness of the light it emitted when I summon it greatly contradicted the deadly, yet awe-struck chill in the air after my sword simply appears out of thin air.

Just like how my mood can alter so significantly when I have the sudden urge to protect someone. I guessed he was an acquaintance of Japan, so it was my natural instinct...I suppose.

I calmly grasped my blade with two steady hands and surged forward in a long, swift stride of my leg. It connected with the Oni's arm just in time, causing a sickening, gushing noise and crimson red blood dripping out of the wound I inflicted around the sharp tip of my sword. I jerked my sword out of the thing with only seconds to spare before I grabbed the wrist of whoever I just saved from getting crushed by that monster's merciless grip. I tugged him back, sending him stumbling and left to regain his balance on his own.

I turned my head sideways, looking at Japan, but also keeping the corner of my eye awaiting the thing's next move. Wrath, revenge and anger-even fury- glimmered in his shining eyes. My grip on my sword relaxed and I nodded, facing forwards.

"You sure you don't need any help?"

"I'm sure. No need to worry. ...It really did a number on you, didn't it? Allow me to pay it back in kind for the injuries you sustained. This is quite a convenient opponent for me to unleash my wrath on!!"

Before I knew it, he had zoomed ahead of me, katana raised. He dodged the Oni flurry of attacks in a combination of precise sidestepping and ducking.

The clear screen hovered in front of me. The only move available was something called the Blade of Wrath. I carefully looked around, seeing a few pairs of eyes staring at me, owned by some unfamiliar people I would most likely have to introduce myself to later. I sheathed my sword slowly, subtly tapping on the button with my ring finger.

An raging storm of crackling explosions, blinding light and blazing fire and fused together to create, well, the Blade of Wrath as it's called. The move really does live up to its name, for all it took was that one move to instantly kill the thing.

An unfamiliar voice piped up to break the silence, "Wow. He looks just like Canada now."

I turned to see the blonde haired man that I saved clearing his throat, annoyance written all over his expression. "Just say he disappeared, will you?"