|ChApTeR sEvEN| Prussia

(A/N: I'm alive people! My apologies for the slight writer's block I had for this chapter. I promised I would get it done ASAP so here I am. Happy Valentine's Day and I hope you enjoy!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Reader's POV|

"I'mPrussiasorryIwasabouttoattackyoupleasedon'thurtme."

I paused.

I stared at his blood red eyes and snapped back into reality.

"O-Oh, sorry." I awkwardly laughed and sheathed my sword.

'Screw my weird battle instincts thingy...'

"Uh, sorry if I scared you." I sheepishly smiled. "I've been a bit jumpy."

He nodded slowly, still probably recovering from the heart attack I gave this poor guy. "...The name's Prussia."

"(Name)! It's nice to meet you, Prussia." I nodded politely. "Sorry again."

"It was nothing." He brushed it off, recovering his breath and a steady heart rate.

He was much taller than me and had pale skin, red eyes still tinted with surprise.

"You know him, right?" I stepped aside to reveal Japan.

"Mein Gott!" He exclaimed with wide eyes, rushing over to his unconscious comrade. "Ja, what happened to him?"

"We came across-"

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

He paused, quickly grabbing his sword from the ground, where it had landed when my blade met his. It was completely made out of iron, which would've been extremely heavy for me. He handled it with ease, and I guess this wasn't the first time he held a sword.

'Unlike me...' I thought bitterly. I grasp my sword tightly when I heard another loud knock.

"Hey frau, I know we just met but if that sword you've got there isn't just for show, pull it out of its sheath." His blood red eyes flickered to mine, sharp as the tip of his blade.

Though the sudden reappearance of my sword was a bit scary, the idea of that monster barreling through the door and eating us alive was a thought scarier than anything else. I nodded, slowly drawing my sword out of its sheath. My eyes were trained on the door. The door knob was being turned both ways repeatedly, but the door was not opening. Why didn't isn't it open by now?

Suddenly, I grinned and relaxed a bit. Thankfully I remembered to lock the door, and thankfully the thing eventually gave up and we were standing in silence.

Before it could turn awkward, I looked at Prussia and explained, "I locked the door when I came here. Good thing I did."

"Ja. You can say that again." He sheathed his sword. He picked up Japan and laid him down carefully on one side of the bed. On the other he sat down, patting the spot beside him. He smirked mischievously. "Come sit next to me, frau. Don't be shy~"

I rolled my eyes, but smiled as I hopped onto the bed. While we stalled and waited for Japan to wake up, I told him about my story.

"Hm, that's interesting. Well I just ran away from that monster, but you've got guts to stand up to it, (Name)." He grinned and playfully punched my arm.

"It was nothing." I modestly replied.

"Hey, have you seen my bruder by the way?"

"Oh yes, Germany." I looked over Prussia, an eyebrow lifted slightly. "I'm surprised you two are brothers actually. You look very different."

"Ah that's a story that'll take months to tell, kesesese~"

I unblinkingly stared at him, then bursted into laughter. "A-Aha, do t-that laugh again!"

"Kesesesesese~!"

"Oh jeez, that's some laugh you got there. It's quite..."

"Awesome?!"

"Yeah, sure." I chuckled. Yep, even his personality wasn't like Germany. Prussia was more playful, laidback, and silly. He was definitely more open and easygoing as well.

"A-AH!" Japan sat upright, so fast I thought his hip might've snapped. I could see the tiny beads of sweat that dripped down his pale cheeks. His expression was covered in anxiousness and...Was that fear? 

I yelped and I felt Prussia jump a bit from the slight bounce in the mattress. 

"J-Japan? Are you okay?"

"Y....Yes. Yes I am, (Name). Just...A nightmare." Japan pressed a hand against his burning temple, eyes shut. He was gently shifting his head to the left then to the right, as if he were trying to shake away and forget whatever kind of image he saw while he was unconscious. After a short pause, his eyes opened, calm once again. "...Prussia?"

"The one and only! Kesesese, you missed me?"

Japan sighed in relief. "I'm glad to see you two in one piece. Especially you, (Name)."

I scoffed, pouting the moment he finished his sentence. "Hmph! I'll have you know I'm the one that finished off that thing and took care of your bleeding head! I even ran while carrying you, Japan!"

Prussia chuckled, patting my shoulder. "Calm down, (Name). I'm sure he only meant well, but enough of this! We gotta get going. We should join West."

West?

"Let's find Italy and get out of here as soon as possible!"

Japan removed the tissues from his head, which was soaked in blood, and discarded it. As he got up, it seemed like the wound didn't affect him at all. I guess he just heals fast. 

He swung his legs off the bed, sheathing his sword and nodding. "Indeed." 

>Prussia joined the party<

----------------------

I have never been so terrified by walking out a door.

The moment we did, the monster bolted towards the three of us. Japan was the first to attack, swinging his arm into an arc, inflicting a clean cut. His reflexes were as sharp as ever. The moment the battle began, those orange and blue bars were floating above Japan and the thing's head again, including Prussia this time. 

Wonderful. It was the like the longer I stayed here, the crazier I got. 

"Waah! I thought it was gone!!"

"Apparently not." Japan replied bluntly.

"Pfft, you sound like a little girl." I retorted with a smirk, bending my knees slightly as I readied my sword. 

"Look who's talking."

"Well, I am a girl!" I rolled my eyes just as the thing snarled angrily.

"The more I look at it, the scarier it looks! I can't use my awesome techniques like this! Do something!"

I snickered. Japan and I charged towards the monster at the same time. Japan ducked sharply when it tried to hit him, losing his balance. It looked like that loss of blood was starting to kick in. 

The thing attempted to grab him while he was on the ground but I stabbed its arm, blood trickling out of the wound. I pulled back, quickly helping Japan up. He nodded his head in thanks and we continued to work together to finally defeat it. 

"Japan! Run! Come in, quick!"

"Yeah, yeah we know." Exasperated I nodded, flinching in surprise when Prussia suddenly pushed me. I barely missed the jaws of the monster. I couldn't even thank him before he grabbed my wrist and Japan's sleeve and ran down the hallway. 

All the way he was screaming.

Just like a child. 

And, for some weird reason even while running for my life, I found myself smiling.

Weird, right? I almost laughed.