Achy Breaky Heart

LA, USA
April 2nd, 2020
Miley's POV     

I woke up and walked to the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face then grabbed a towel to dry my face off. I looked in the mirror, and I was a mess. I walked into the living room. Jessica was on the floor, and I couldn't find Liam. I started to cry. Did I drive him away again? What if he left...for good? I couldn't think like that, I had to hope for the best. For Jessica. I looked on the table and there was a note.

Miley,
I went to August and Emma's house for a while. Just to chat with August. He has had the same problem we're going through right now. The baby thing. He said he could give me advice. Don't worry, I'm gonna come back. I'm not gonna let one little thing ruin our marriage. I'll be back soon. I'll be back around 3:00 PM. Don't worry. We can smooth things out when I get back. Love you.
~Liam

I looked at the clock. It was 5:30 PM.

"You're late." I say under my breath. I walked in the living room and looked at Jessica. "What the fuck Liam. You left Jessica unattended while I was asleep." I say, also under my breath.

"Mommy?" Jessica asks, turning around so she was facing me. I sat on the couch, and she walked to me.

"What have you been doing Jessy? Have you been playing with your toys?" Then she nods.

"Yes." Then I smile at her.

"Are you hungry?" Then she nods. "C'mon." Then I stand up and pick her up, then walk into the kitchen and put her in her highchair.

"Mommy." She says, pointing at the fridge.

"Okay want some juice?"

"Yes." She says, then I get her some juice in a kid's cup. I hand it to her and she starts to drink it.

"Want some noodles?" Then she nods, still drinking her juice. "Okay." Then I get some noodles out of the fridge and put some in a bowl for her. I put them on her highchair and she stops drinking her juice. She puts the cup down and starts eating the noodles. After she was done eating, she looked at me with a smile.

"Mommy more." Then she points to the fridge.

"Okay. Applesauce?" Then she nods. Then I get some applesauce in a bowl and sit in front of her. I start to feed her, but I only give her one bite before she reaches for the spoon. "Want to feed yourself?"

"Yes!" Then I laugh and hand her the spoon. I watch her feed herself, getting applesauce everywhere.

After she was done eating I cleaned up the highchair. I picked her up and went to her room. I put her on the changing table and grabbed new clothes, a towel, and a diaper.

"You need a bath." I say, then she shakes her head.

"No."

"But you are filthy."

"No." She insists, then I pick her up. I hold her on one arm while I have everything else in the other arm. I take her to the bathroom and put her clothes, diaper, and towel down. I put her on the floor and try to take her clothes off.