Story of My Life

LA, USA
June 25th, 2020
Miley's POV

I was at home, waiting for my friends to get here. Lucas, Stella, Ashton, Bri, Mitchell, Cat, Jack, Emma, and August still don't know. I'm really happy Katie kept this secret for me. Just for now Emma, August, and Landin are coming. I'm just gonna tell everyone separately so I don't have a whole lot of people in the same room, asking the same questions. I was nervous. I didn't know what to do or say because Emma and I haven't been talking. I feel like she's hiding something, like if she knows something that's going on with Liam and me. But to only know something like that is is August told her. But for him to know is for Liam to tell him, so I'm hoping that's not what happened. They're supposed to be here soon. I'm excited to see how much Landin has grown, I haven't seen them in a really long time. I'm sure Jessica is excited to see Landin because they play so well together.

"Jessy, your friend Landin is coming over." I say to Jessica. She was sitting on the floor petting Barbie.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yeah. Are you excited?"

"Yeah!" Then I smile. "When?"

"In a little bit here. Soon."

"Okay." Then she continues to play.

A while later, while I was scrolling through Instagram, the doorbell rang. I got up and walked to the door. Being what happened with Liam, I was hoping it wasn't him. I opened the door and there stood August, Emma, and Landin. I smiled, and Emma hugged me.

"I'm so sorry I haven't been talking to you. We've been so busy." Emma says, then I motion for them to come in.

"It's okay. I've been busy too." I reply.

"Is Liam still in Australia? How are you guys doing?" August asks. Then I tear up, and we all sit on the couch.

"Go play with Jessica, Landin." Emma says, then Landin walks over to Jessica.

"Um, we're actually divorced. It became official not too long ago." Then Emma frowns.

"I'm so sorry, Miley. I know how much you loved him." Then Emma hugs me. Then I wipe my tears away.

"Yeah. Well, he's hard to love after what he did."

"Can you tell us what happened?" August asks. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Well, I went to Australia to be with Liam cause Jessy and I missed him. I was talking to Katie on the phone, and Liam heard me. I told her I thought I was pregnant. Liam overheard and he got pissed. He demanded me to take a pregnancy test, so I did and it was negative. He said good because he didn't want anymore kids. I asked him why because I thought he did want more. Then I asked if he even wanted Jessica." Then I start to cry again. "But...he said he regrets having her. And he said she shouldn't have even been born yet."

"Oh my god Miley." Emma says, rubbing my arm. "I'm so sorry."

"And then I told him I wanted a divorce. I went home with Jessica and called Liam to talk to him about the divorce, and I heard a girl on the phone. She was talking to Liam. He hooked up with Jennifer Lawrence, his co-star. Then I- I thought..."

"Miley if it's too painful, you don't have to talk about it." August says sympathetically.

"No, I need to tell you guys." Then I rub my eyes, but continue to cry. "Well, I thought I was pregnant again. Because I kept throwing up, and I couldn't sleep and everything. Katie said it was stress, but I wasn't so sure. She came over because I wanted her to watch Jessica because I needed some time to myself. That's when I told her I might be pregnant. She and I took Jessy to my parents' so Noah could watch her. Katie and I went to the doctor, and I- I'm pregnant." Then Emma hugs me.