Something To Be Proud Of

LA, USA
November 14th, 2020
Miley's POV

7 AM

"Noah, will you hand me my phone?" I ask my sister. She handed me my phone, and I unlocked it to text Liam.

Miley: I'm not sure if you're awake yet Liam, but I had the twins last night

Liam: Oh my god!! Awesome! When can I visit?

Miley: Visiting hours just started if Jessica is awake and you wanna come now

Liam: I'm on my way with Jessica. She woke up not too long ago. I guess she's excited too

Miley: Awesome okay. I'll see you two in a little while. Make sure Jessica isn't dirty

Liam: No worries. Bye

Miley: Bye

Then I give my phone back to Noah and she puts it down.

"Is he awake?" Noah asks, then I nod in confirmation.

"Yeah. I texted him and told him that visiting hours just started if he wants to come when Jessica wakes up. She's awake already."

"She must be anxious to meet them."

"Definitely." I say, then Dr. Walsh comes in.

"Hi Miley."

"Hi Dr. Walsh."

"How are you?" Dr. Walsh asks.

"I'm doing so much better now that I finally got to meet my babies."

"Any questions?"

"Um, yeah. Is the baby boy okay? Does he need to stay longer? And will they have to be in the hospital longer since they came this early?" I ask.

"He's doing great, he doesn't seem to be having any breathing problems. He doesn't need to stay any longer than the baby girl. And they both don't need to be in the hospital any longer than any other newborn. Their lungs are developed enough, and they seem like they're doing great." Then I sigh in relief.

"That's great. I'm so happy."

"Is Liam coming to visit with Jessica? I'm sure they're both excited to meet these little ones."

"Oh yes. And I just texted Liam, so they should be here soon." I say with a smile.

"Well, they seem to be asleep right now." Then I look at the babies. They were asleep in their little hospital baby beds. I smile, then look back at Dr. Walsh.

"Yeah. When should I feed them again?"

"They should be fed in about a half hour or so. It's been a while since they ate. They'll be waking up soon and want to eat." She replies. 

"Thanks."

"No problem, anything else?"

"No, I can't think of anymore questions." I say, then she nods.

"Well, have a nurse or someone come get me if you have any important questions."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye." Then she leaves.

"Is it okay if Liam is here while you're breastfeeding?" Noah asks me.

"I've fed Jessica in front of my friends before, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"What about Jessica?"

"She's fine, I'll just explain that this is the way babies eat."

"So, Miley?"