Pretty Visitors

LA, USA
September 25th, 2020
Miley's POV

It was yet another doctor appointment. I was going alone this time also. I think I'll probably have Noah come next time though, or the one after. So she can ask questions, which I'm sure she has some floating around her head. I was at the doctor right now, waiting for my name to be called. I had questions also. And I was wondering many things too. Will Liam actually be happy once the babies are born? Or is he just making me think he's excited? I want him to meet them when they're newborns, but he isn't gonna be back for a couple more months. At least he's been calling me more often. Sometimes even video calling me, so he can see Jessica. I'm hoping when he gets back he won't have a thing with Jennifer. I really, really don't like her. But, I'll have to accept it if he does. I mean, we're divorced. He's allowed to date other people now, as am I.

"Miley." A woman says, snapping me out of my thoughts. I get up and follow her to a room. She weighs me and checks my blood pressure. "Put on this gown, the doctor will be right in." Then she leaves. I undressed and got in the gown. I sat back on the table, and soon Dr. Walsh entered the room.

"Hi Miley."

"Hi." I say.

"I'm sure you're wondering why you're in a gown." Then I nod.

"Yeah."

"Well, now that you're twenty-nine weeks, you're getting closer to your due date. Normally with singletons they go to about thirty-nine to forty-one weeks. But since you're having twins, you'll have them a couple weeks early. Around thirty-eight or thirty-nine weeks. The earliest you should have them is thirty-eight weeks, I'd be concerned if they were born more premature than that. So now that you're thirty weeks, I'll be checking your cervix and see if you're dilating at all." She explains.

"Oh, okay."

"And I'll also do an ultrasound, to make sure the babies are doing good also. Now go ahead and put your feet in the stirrups." Then I lie back and do as she says. She puts gloves on, and puts her hand inside me a little ways. I squint because it's a bit uncomfortable. "Don't tense up, it'll be more uncomfortable if you do."

"Sorry, it just hurts a little."

"It's okay, it's supposed to be a bit uncomfortable, but let me know if it hurts too bad." Then she takes her hand out and I sit up. "You aren't dilated at all." Then she throws her gloves away.

"Is that good or bad?" I ask.

"Well, if you're one to three centimeters it's alright, it just means you might go into labor soon. But, if you're dilated one to three centimeters you might not even go into labor for a few weeks. It all depends on the woman. If you're dialated four or more centimeters it could mean you're going into preterm labor, though. So now I'm going to make your appointments for every week. Just so I can check it."

"Okay."

"I want to do that ultrasound now, okay?" Then I nod. "Lie back and lift the gown, I'll give you a blanket for your lower body." Then I lift my gown and lie back. She puts a blanket from just below my hips down, and puts on new gloves.

"Um, what if I go into preterm labor?" Then she squirts the gel on my stomach.

"It'll depend on when you do. If you do, you need to go to the hospital right away. Most of the time we can stop it. We can give you medication if you are in preterm labor to stop it, and if it doesn't work we can give you medicine to speed up the development of the lungs so the babies can breathe better. If they're born too early, they'll have to go into the NICU." She explains. It made me all nervous. What if I go into preterm labor?