Someone Else

LA, USA
September 30th, 2020
Miley's POV  

Today I was meeting up with Emma and August, they told me not to bring Jessica because it was just gonna be an adult day. I had Noah watch her, since her and Ethan weren't spending the day together.

"You really should spend time with Ethan, Noah. I can have someone else watch her." I say to Noah. I was just dropping Jessica off at my mom and dad's house.

"No, it's okay. Besides, if he comes to hang out he'll have to deal with watching Jessy. If he doesn't like it, oh well." Then I smile and hug her.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem, I love watching her." She replies.

"Okay, I'd better get going now. They're gonna start wondering where I am. Be good for aunt Noah, Jessy."

"Okay mommy." Jessica says.

"See you later." Noah says, then waves.

"Bye." I say before leaving.

Emma said to meet at the mall. I'm fine with that, I can look at baby clothes and other baby stuff, like another crib and highchair. I was contemplating on having Jessica start using a booster seat at the table though, that way I don't have to buy two more highchairs, just one more. When I arrived at the mall, I walked in. I saw Emma sitting on the bench by the front door with August.

"Hi Miley." Emma says, then stands up and hugs me.

"Hi." I say with a smile. "Hey August."

"Hey."

"How're the babies?" Emma asks.

"They're great, moving a lot. I'm hardly getting sleep. How's yours?"

"This one's great. Not moving a whole lot like Landin did when I was pregnant with him, but Dr. Walsh said it's okay as long as the baby is moving."

"That's good." I reply. "Have you bought any baby stuff yet? Is Landin in a booster seat yet or crib anymore?" I ask.

"Nope, he isn't in a crib. A little twin bed, but it has the rails so he won't roll out. If Jessica is ready for a bed you should do that. And he's in a booster seat. So now I've got a highchair and crib for this little one." Then she puts her hand on her stomach.

"Have you found out the gender?"

"No, I want this one to be a surprise. August doesn't but I do. I told him I get to choose since I'm the one that has to push it out." She says, then Emma and I laugh. "And the highchair and crib are blue so I don't have to get different ones."

"Cool. I'll have to see if Jessy wants a bed, she's getting bigger so she'll need more room soon. And I'm most likely gonna have her start using a booster seat."

"Trust me, it's a lot easier."

"So, where do you girls wanna go first?" August asks.

"You should choose Miley."

"Emma-"

"Miley, choose." Emma commands, then I shake my head and sigh.

"I kinda wanna go look at baby stuff. I mean, I'm almost thirty weeks. I know I've got time, but I don't wanna do all of this last minute." I say, then Emma nods.

"Understandable. Let's go." Then August, Emma, and I walk to the baby isle. There were clothes, blankets, bottles, diapers, cribs, highchairs, changing tables, all sorts of different baby stuff.

"I'm gonna just set you girls free and have at it." August says, then Emma and I laugh. We walk to the clothes and look at them.

"So you want two boys right Miley?" Then I nod.