Goodbye

Australia
May 20th, 2020
Liam's POV

I had sex with Jennifer Lawrence. I cheated on Miley...again.

"Oh fuck." I mutter to myself.

Austrailia
May 21st, 2020
Liam's POV     

I woke up and Jennifer was still lying next to me.  I realized what I did, and immediately regretted it. Why Liam? Why do you have to be so dumb? Now Miley will never forgive you. I got up out of bed and got dressed. Jennifer woke up and looked at me with a smile.

"Hey." She says.

"Do you even realize what we did yesterday?" I ask with a worried look on my face.

"We had sex. So?"

"Oh my god. So? Is that all you say? So? I cheated on Miley. Again. She'll never forgive me. She said before. If I ever cheated again we were done. If she finds out-" I say, irratated, but she cuts me off.

"What'll happen? She'll divorce you? She wouldn't. She needs help taking care of Jessica. That child is all problem, ya know. I don't know how you put up with it."

"I can't. And I'm not anymore. We're taking a break. Just for a while." I say. Yeah. A while as in forever.

"Really?"

"You don't believe me?"

"I never said I didn't believe you." She says sympathetically. "I'm sorry." Then she frowns.

"Okay, no Jennifer. You can't look at me with that puppy dog face and say sorry. Because you're not. And you weren't even drunk yesterday, yet you still had sex with me."

"Okay look. I wasn't drunk. But neither were you. We both could've stopped. But we didn't. So this means we like each other." Then she smirks.

"What the hell?" I ask, getting even angrier.

"Admit it Liam. You like me. And you want me."

"No. I don't. Neither of those things. I mean, I like you as a friend but..."

"Since when do "friends" have sex with each other Liam? We're more than friends..." Then she gets up and walks towards me. "We're...meant to be together. I-"

"I don't care what else you have to say. Get dressed, and leave. If anyone asks...we were practicing our lines." I reply blandly. "Got it?" I ask, being strict.

"Fine, Jesus. When did you get so rude." Then she gets her clothes and goes into the bathroom.

"I became rude when I lost my wife..." I mutter to myself.

LA, USA
May 21st, 2020
Miley's POV    

"Daddy?" Jessica asks me. I tear up, and sigh.

"No Jessy. Daddy isn't coming home."

"Forever?"

"Forever..." I say, then wipe away my tears. "He's gonna move out of this house. You will still see daddy though. Kay?" Then Jessica starts to cry.

"I want daddy." The whines.

"I know. But mommy and daddy can't be together anymore."

"Why?"

"Because we're fighting." I answer. "And we're fighting because we live together. So we can't anymore."

"No." She cries.

"Yes, Jessica. I'm sorry. You'll live here with me. But you can still see daddy. That is if he wants to see you." Then she looks at me confused. "Daddy is angry with me right now. He doesn't wanna see us."

"Why?"

"We're fighting. That's all I can really say baby." Then I kiss her cheek. "Nap time." Then I stand up with her in my arms and walk to her room.

"No." She argues.

"Yes. It's nap time Jessica. I know you're tired because you're whiny." Then I put her in her crib. "Sweet dreams Jessy." I say before leaving her room.

I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I grabbed my phone off the coffee table and looked at my text messages. No new ones from Liam. I checked my voicemail-- no new ones. I decided I'd call him because we needed to hurry up this process of the divorce. I called his phone, it rang a couple times, then he picked up.

"Hi Miley." He says, sounding shaky on the other end.

"We need to talk-"

"Now's not really a good time Miley. I-"

"Liam I'm serious." I say.

"Hey babe you sure you want me to leave?" I hear a female voice say.

"Liam? Who is it? Who's there?" I ask, demanding answers.

"C'mon Liam, she's leaving you. Get over it and come here." The female voice says.

"Liam." I say sternly. "Who in the fuck is it?! I want to know!" I shout.

"No one Miley. Look, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." He says sympathetically, sounding sad.

"Liam I wanna talk now. And I wanna know who it is. Who you're cheating on me with. Again. Why Liam? We aren't even officially divorced yet. If that's so important to you...I won't wait til you come back to sign the papers. I'll do it there." I say, talking fast.

"Miley, slow down. I can't hardly understand you." He begs.

"Liam...c'mon. I need you." The voice says, sounding seductive. I tear up, realizing I was shaking.

"Liam." I say into the phone, crying. "Please..."

"What is there to talk about? Hmm?" Then he sighs. "What do you need to even say? I know you already said it but...I could hardly understand you."

"I wanna know who you're cheating on me with, and. And why. The divorce isn't even official yet...why? Why now did you have to hook up with someone? Couldn't you have waited? Or is sex that important to you? That you just have to have it? I don't understand...and if this whole divorce is just sooo important to you, I'll come down there myself. And we'll do it there. That way you don't have to wait til you come back. I don't even care anymore, Liam. I can't be married to a cheater. And to someone that regrets Jessica."

"Miley...I don't completely regret her. I just...didn't want her now. Well, maybe as a baby now. Since its been a while. But we didn't even get married before she came along."

"That is regretting her. Whether it's now, or later you wanted her. You regret her coming when she did. Did she really, honestly ruin your career? Because that doesn't look like it now."

"She destroyed our marriage, Miley." He says, believing it 100%. Then I start to cry harder.

"No Liam, she didn't. You're cheating because you want to. Not because Jessy is making you. I just- never mind. Just- just forget it. I'll be there in a few days with the things we need. And until then, have all the sex you want asshole. But I do not wanna even see her face when I'm there. I'll go batshit crazy on her. She's seducing you. She's tricking you. But that's none of my buisness."

"Miley-"

"Goodbye Liam."