Float On

LA, USA
July 14th, 2020
Miley's POV   

Today was my doctor appointment. I'm now twenty weeks pregnant. My bump has gotten bigger, not by a lot though. But if I wore a tight shirt, you could tell I was pregnant. And I'm wearing a tighter shirt today, hopefully no one will notice. I'm having Jessica come with me again. I told all of my other friends about my pregnancy, the divorce, and what all happened. Everyone was sorry for what happened, but they were happy I was pulling through and surviving everything. Now I just have to tell everyone else-- the world. I'm planning on posting it on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I don't want to tell paps, they'll fuck things up and twist my words. I'll get ultrasound pictures and post the pictures. To be honest, I wanted the twins...but I was straight up, down right terrified. I didn't wanna give birth to twins. I don't want a c-section either though, I don't wanna have scars on my body. And I'll probably get stretch marks. I didn't with Jessica, but that's because she was smaller and wasn't twins. I definitely want an epidural for the birth, that's for sure. But I don't know who I want to be in there with me. I want someone, but I don't know who. I was debating between Katie, Emma, and Noah. Katie because she's always here for me. Emma because she knows how I feel, sorta. And Noah because she's my sister. My appointment is at 12:15 PM, and it was currently 12:13 PM. I had already signed in and was sitting in the waiting room with Jessica. Usually they're early for calling my name, but it looks like today is a busier day.

"Miley." A lady says, the I stand up and take Jessica's hand.

"C'mon Jessy, let's go look at the babies." Then she smiles as we walk into the room.

When we get in the room, I sit Jessica in the chair next to the table. Then the lady checks my blood pressure and weight, and I sit back on the table.

"Dr. Walsh will be in shortly." She says before leaving.

"The babies still blobs mommy?" Jessica asks.

"They'll look more like babies this time. Same with the next time. Each time we go, they'll look more and more like babies. And when they're born they'll definitely look like babies."

"I wanna meet them." She says anxiously.

"Me too Jessy, but they won't survive if they're out of my belly yet. They have to get bigger and stronger first." Then she nods.

"Ohhh okay." Then I smile. I'm glad she was interested in this. I hope she doesn't get jealous when they arrive.

"Jessy, are you gonna get jealous when the babies are born?" I ask her.

"What you mean?"

"Are you gonna be angry when I spend time with them? I have to spend a lot of time with them when they're first born."

"Why mommy?" She asks, frowning.

"Because they'll need me. They can't feed themselves or anything yet when they're just babies. They won't be able to until they're older." I explain. "But will you get angry?"

"Will you still be with me?" Then she frowns again.

"Of course. I'll still play with you and pay attention to you. You'll just have to share me with the babies. Okay?"

"Okay mommy." She agrees. Then I smile at her. "I love you mommy."

"I love you too baby." Then Dr. Walsh enters the room.

"Hi Miley." She greets me with a smile.

"Hi." I greet back, nervous.

"Hi Jessica." Dr. Walsh says to Jessica.