Part 39

Anna's pov

Around midnight i finally touched down in Florida. It felt kind of weird to be back, ive been gone for a few months.

After getting my things from baggage claim i hailed a cab and headed straight to my mothers house.

20 minutes later....

After paying the cab driver i made my way to the front door. Thank god i still had my spare key or i wouldve been out here all night, my mom is a really heavy sleeper.

When i entered the house all the
lights were out except for the kitchen.

"Mom?" i called out. When i walked into the kitchen i saw my mom leaning against the counter drinking out of a mug.

"Anna?" she said looking shocked.

"Hey mom, ive missed you" i said.

"Why didnt you tell me you were coming? do aaron and micah know your here?" she asked.

i roll my eyes." no but they will tomorrow. I want to surprise raylin, so im going to see her early in the morning before Kaylee's party " i explain.

" are you sure thats a good idea" mom  said.

I frowned." why wouldnt it be?" i questioned.

"Because you havent been around in months, you cant just pop up when you feel like it" she said.

"why are you being so negative, i thought you would be happy to see me" i said.

" of course im happy to see you but im really mad at you. you've been a crappy mother to my grandchildren and i dont appreciate it" mom said.

"Mom im sorry, ive just been busy" i defend.

Mom scoffed." stop using that excuse its played out. But i guess since your actually here thats some type of progress. Go get some rest tomorrow is gonna be a long day, good night" mom said.

She walked past me out the kitchen. I was kind of hurt by my mom's nonchalant attitude towards me being here, i thought she would be more happy to see me. But i guess not, oh well im not here for her im here for my girls.

...........................................

The next day

Aaron's pov

"Raylin time to get up" i said gently shaking my daughter

She yawned and rubbed her eyes." Im up daddy" she mumbled.

i chuckle." okay go brush your teeth and then go eat i made breakfast" i told her.

She said ok and climbed out of bed. After she left i went in her drawers and took out the outfit she would be wearing today.