Part 25

King's pov

"Micah hates me" Stacey cried. i rub her back soothingly as she cries into my chest.

I had been sleeping off last night's party when i was woken up by stacey's sniffling.

"He doesnt hate you" i tell her.

"Then why doesnt he like me" she said.

I sigh, i felt bad for Stacey. i could tell she genuinely cared for me and my kids and just wanted to be accepted.

"Micah has really bad trust issues. some messed up shit happened to him when he was kid " i explain.

"What do you mean? " she asked.

"one of my exes tried to kill micah and then another one killed his mother. It really messed him up" i tell her.

"oh my god, thats horrible. why didnt you tell me" she said.

" Because i wasnt sure if i could trust you. im very protective of my family and my heart. your the first person ive dated since angel died. i dont want the same thing to happen again so im very guarded " i admit.

Stacey placed her hands on my face." i feel honored that you told me this. it shows me how serious you are about us. i wont stop trying with micah, maybe one day he can learn to accept me" she said.

I smile and kiss her lips." He will just give him time "

..........................................

Micah's pov

I felt really nervous as i stood in front of anna's door.

As i raised my fist to knock the door swung open revealing a little girl. she had long curly hair and chinky eyes. i knew this had to be anna's daughter.

"Who are you?" raylin said.

I smile, even her voice is adorable." hi im micah, is your mom home?" i ask her.

Before she could answer anna appeared at the door." raylin i told you to wait for me" she said.

"Sorry mommy" raylin said sweetly.

After a few seconds she finally noticed  me standing there." micah? what are you doing here?" anna said.

"I wanted to apologize about the other night. lacy was completely out of line and you didnt deserve that" i say.

I could tell anna was shocked to hear my apology. " thanks micah it means alot. so you came all the way over here just for that?" she said.

i chuckle." yeah i kinda dont have your number so this was the next best thing" i explain.

"Does lacy know your here? " she asked.

i roll my eyes." probably not but i dont care.  i had to see you" i said. shit, i didnt mean for that to come out.

Anna blushed. " mommy your face is all red" raylin pointed out.

Me and anna both stare at each other before letting out a laugh.

"Me and raylin were headed to the movies do you want to come? " anna said.

I know i should probably say no because of lacy but this is anna. " sure we can take my car" i offer.

"i call shotgun " raylin yells.

" Sorry ray your still too young to ride in the front" anna said.

"aww maybe next time" raylin said shrugging her shoulders.

"come on we gotta catch the next showing" anna said grabbing raylin's hand.

As i watched them walk to my car i couldnt help but to feel like this was how things were supposed to be.

....................................

After dropping anna and raylin off i made it home around 10 at night. i was mentally preparing myself for the arguement i knew would happen.

"Micah where have you been?" lacy said. i had just stepped into my room and she already started.

"I went to apologize to anna for the other night" i said. there was no point in lying the truth always found a way to come out.

Lacy glared at me." Are you fucking her?!" she said angrily.

"What? no how do you get that from what i said"

"Because shes a ex you didnt tell me about. that must mean y'all had something special" she said.

"yes we did but thats in the past. we've both moved on with our lives " i told her.

"Do you still love her?" lacy asked.

i sigh. "lacy lets not do this. your making this bigger than it actually is. i dont want to fight with you" i said.

To my surprise lacy started crying. " lacy whats going on with you, your emotions have been all over the place" i point out.

Lacy sniffled. " i wanted to surprise you on your birthday but things didnt go according to plan" she said.

"What are you talking about?" i say getting nervous.

"Micah im pregnant"

"what?! how do you know? " i say in shock.

"Ive known for a month now. i was just too scared to tell you " she said.

"So youve been pregnant for a whole month and didnt tell any one. who does that shit lacy?! " i said angrily.

"I was scared you would react like this. please dont be mad, be happy. we're about to have a baby" she said grabbing my hand.

She placed my hand on her small belly. i slightly felt a little pudge.

I snatch my hand away and shake my head. " i cant believe you. i need some time to think about all this" i said.

I left out the room leaving her standing there. Everything was happening way too fast.

I knew i wasnt ready to be a father but i didnt believe in abortion. so i would just have to suck it up and be a man about it.

I just prayed anna wouldnt hate me... Logically i know she had no right to be mad because she cheated and had a baby on me but i was over that. i still loved her and cared about her feelings.

So when the time is right ill tell her myself. i just hope shes mature enough to handle it.

Vote and comment

Filler chapter

Do you guys think lacy is lying about being pregnant?

Do you think stacey is being genuine ?