Part 44

Micah's pov

"I got your text whats up?" i said

My girlfriend gracie smiled at me." nothing i just wanted to surprise you with dinner " she said.

I chuckle before giving her a kiss." Thanks babe, i am starving" i said putting my stuff down.

"I hope im not taking you away from kaylee" she said.

"Nah she's with my dad, she'll be fine" i said.

"Thats good, dont need you slacking on your fatherly duties" she joked.

I know she was joking but she kind of hit a nerve. it made me think of Anna neglecting kaylee and raylin.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

"Yeah its just what you said made me think about my daughters mother" i told her.

" What about her?" she said.

"I just wish she was more involved with her kids" i confess.

Anna use to be the best mom before kaylee was born, but as soon as she gave birth to my daughter she changed. Am i to blame for the way she changed?

Gracie touched my chin snapping me out of my thoughts." You cant control what another person does, you can only be responsible for yourself. and from what i can tell your a great dad" she said.

"Thanks Gracie, sorry i didnt mean to ruin the mood with my drama" i said.

Gracie waved me off." you didnt ruin anything, now come sit down so i can put some food in you" she said grabbing my hand.

I smile as i let her lead me to the table. I was lucky to have gracie in my life.

Gracie

........................................

After having a nice dinner with gracie we fooled around for a little bit before  it was time for me to leave.

When i arrived at my father's house it was a little after 9. "Hey dad, how was kaylee?" i asked.

"My kay bear was an angel as usual, i just put her to sleep an hour ago" he said.

I yawned." okay then ill let her sleep,  makes no sense to wake her up this late" i said.

"You sound tired as well, you can crash in your old room" dad offered.

"Ill take you up on that offer" i said walking to the stairs.

I paused as something crossed my mind. " where's stacey? i havent seen her around recently " i questioned.

"I broke up with her" dad said.

I was a little bit surprised, i thought my dad really liked her." how come?" i asked.

Dad sighed." she wanted something that i couldnt give. i did care about her but i couldnt bring myself to love her. I didnt want to keep leading her on, it wasnt fair to her" he explained.

I give him a sad smile." im sorry that it didnt work out dad" i said sympathetically.

Dad smiled." im okay kid, i know the one for me is out there somewhere. i just have to be a little patient" he said.

"Yeah, mom would want you to find love again" i said.

"Its funny  you say that, that was one of the last things she said to me too" he said.

"Mom was a smart woman" i said.

"Yup, who you think you got your brain from" dad  joked.

I laughed." clearly, anyway im off to bed good night love you" i said.

"Love you too son"

..........................................

After checking on kaylee, i took a quick shower and got dressed for bed.

I let out a groan as i plopped on my bed. My job was really starting to take a toll on me. Dont get me wrong i love what i do it can just be draining at times.

I begin to doze off thinking about my job when my phone beeped. When i look at the screen i see a text from anna. This should be interesting i thought.

Anna😒 - are you up?

Me- unfortunately... whats up?

Anna😒- As you know Christmas break is coming up...

Me- yes im aware. what about it?

Anna😒- i was wondering if i could have kaylee for that week, before you say no just hear me out. Aaron is letting raylin spend Christmas and her birthday with me. and i wanted kaylee here for it, please micah. give me a chance to prove myself

Me- Aaron was always the nicer baby daddy lol but i guess if hes willing to let Raylin go with you then i guess i can let kaylee go. Dont screw this up anna im giving you a chance to do right so dont let me or aaron down. P.s if something happens to my daughter in your care you'll regret the day you ever met me

Anna😒- i understand and thank you.

Me- im not doing this for you im doing it for kaylee... Anyway ill be in touch

After hitting send i lock my phone and place it on the charger. I must be crazy to agree to all this, i was feeling anxious about kaylee going with anna.

But i knew if i wanted things to change i needed to give anna a real chance.

I climb out of bed and make my way to Kaylee's crib. As  i watch my little girl sleep peacefully i know i cant be selfish in this situation.

i gently brush her hair out of her face." i just want the best for you" i whisper.

Vote and comment