Chapter 24

A/N: Sorry for the wait, well here it is.

Chapter Song:

Who Are You By: Fifth Harmony

*Alyssa's P.O.V

When he came back to the table my plate was halfway gone. "Hey you feeling alright?" He nods. "Yeah, uh.. Just catching up." He says nervously. "What's wrong?" I ask, in the month I've known him, I already know when he's nervous something is wrong, or he's hiding something.

"Yea, I'm fine, let's take this to go." He says referring to the food on our plates. "Is there anywhere else you would like to go while we are here?" I shake my head not sure of were we could go. Today has been lovely really.

"We could head back to your place I guess." He nods and asks Mary for a to go box and she grabs them. Louis insists on paying for it all and I refuse, he ends up winning. "Stop pouting, I'm trying to a gentleman." He says nudging my shoulder. "But you shouldn't have to waste your money on me." He frowns, "I'm not wasting it if it's for someone that I love." He says.

"But if you really want to pay for something you can pay for gas? I gotta stop and fill it up." He states.

"Deal." I say holding my hand out for him to shake it. "That's not the way I seal a deal." He smirks. "Oh really? How about you show me how you seal them." He leans in and kisses me hungrily while we are sitting in his car which is still parked at the cafe. He pulls me closer to him as his tongue grazes my lip. I teasingly decline, and he laughs against my lips sending chills down my back.

"We should get going." He says and I nod in agreement. "I guess we should." I say laughing. I love these moments just us nobody else. He turns on the radio to fill the silence. It wasn't awkward, just a couple enjoying each other's presence. "I'll be nice and go to a cheaper gas station." I roll my eyes.

"Doesn't matter where you go, I'll be able to pay for wherever you go."

"I know you may have more money, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make you spend a lot of it." He says moving his hand to my thigh, but keeping his eyes on the road. "You don't have to pay for me all the time, I can afford it." He sighs.

"Look, I'm just trying to be nice, I don't want to be a dick around you." I smile at his attempt to be sweet. "Who said you were one?"

"Everyone, I know it's true too."

"Everyone minus one." He stops the car at the stop sign and looks over at me really confused. "Lou, we've been together for a month and I don't think you're a dick, annoying and rude at times yes. But I never thought you were a dick." He smiles. "You're just saying that." He says looking back to the road looking for a gas station.

"I'm really not, I really wish you'd stop living in self doubt." I say as he pulls up to the gas station. "I pump the gas into the car, and you can pay okay?" He says getting out. I come out with him so I can pay. "You didn't have to get out. It's cold out." I shrug.

"Well I'm paying so I thought to just get out."

"I was just going to have you hand me the money."

"Doesn't matter now does it." He smiles. "You are so cute wearing my jacket." I smile. "Here you can have it back." I say as I start to take it off but he stops me. "No, I don't need it, besides you look better in it." I smile. "But I don't want to keep it. It's your jacket." He frowned slightly. "Oh. Just give it back when we get back I guess." He says getting in the drivers seat slamming the door shut. I roll my eyes and pay for the gas. After paying I get in the car and it's a silent ride all the way back. "Are you going home or coming over?" He asks. "I guess I can come over." He nods.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask wanting to break this silence. "Sure, anything."

"Why do you have so much self doubt?"

"I don't have self doubt." He states.

"Louis, I've known you long enough to know that your always negative and worried out your reputation."

"Well maybe because my reputation is all I have!" He says raising his voice.

"Okay, whatever." That's all I say then look out the window. I ignore his pleas to get me to answer.

"Alyssa." I'm silent.

"Please answer me." Still no answer.

I continue to look out the window taking in the surroundings, observing the trees, trying to calm myself down. He tries multiple times to hold my hand, touch my leg, but every time I'd jerk away or swat his hand away. He mumbles something under his breath, I'm not sure but I think something about him being a screw up. Except he used different words.

When we get in the driveway of his house he's the first one out, slamming his door shut and storming in. I come in shortly after getting bombarded with questions from everyone. I answer all the questions, ending this discussion by asking where Perrie was. "Living room, she choose to stay in there when Lou came in." I nod. "Now why didn't you girls stay in there?"

"Because we didn't want a repeat of last night." Lottie says sadly. "What happened last night?" I ask worriedly. The girls excluding Kenna look each other with scared looks. "Kenna can I talk to you in the kitchen?" She nods. "Girls please go stay with Perrie." They shuffle off as I give them instructions.

"What happened last night?" I ask, hoping to get answers. "Oh uh. Just Louis was mad at something after the phone call, I'm not sure about what."

"Do you want me to check on him?" She shrugs. "You can, you probably know why he's mad more than me."

*Louis' P.O.V

I can't stand it when Alyssa doesn't talk to me when she's mad. I just lost it. The silence was killing me as soon as we got to my place I stormed out of the car and rushed to my room ignoring my sisters.

I hear them talking upstairs. "We didn't want a repeat of last night."

Fuck.

"What happened last night?"

It's times like this I need my sisters to pull through. Alyssa can't know that I was drunk last night, or about my mum.

"Kenna can I talk to you?"

Thank goodness. Kenna will pull through for me.

I hear footsteps coming to my door knocking lightly. "Louis?"

"Huh?"

"Can we talk?" She asks.

"Sure, whatever." I say. She walks in my room. First handing me my sweatshirt. "I told you to keep it." She shakes her head. She's quiet. It's coming I'm getting yelled at.

"What was that thing you were saying in the car?"

"What, about my reputation being all I have?" She nods.

"Cause it's true, I have nothing."

"What do you mean by that?" She asks. I should really shut up before I pull another dock move.

"Nothing." I say. She looks at me with an unsatisfied look. "Fine! My image is all I have and I don't need you ruining that." Crap. I said it. I have blown it.

"You know what, when you want to talk and not be an idiot come find me until then, we aren't talking." I try to stop her but she continues walking.

I can't take it, I'm so pissed off at myself. I get my stash of beers out from the shelf in closet, and drink my sorrows away.

A/N: Guys I'm so sorry for the wait. It's been a rough week. Trying to deal my drama (well not technically my drama), Drivers Ed, and School. Getting hectic. Plus every time I'd got to write my friends EMILY AND MAKENNA would distracted me.

Soo how was this chapter? Comment what you liked, or just comment about puppies idk. Lol keep the voting going. Last I check I had 15.3k reads wow! That's amazing!

-Autumn<3