Chapter 61

*Alyssa'a P.O.V.

I'm here outside down the road from you house. I'll wait for when you're ready. -Louis X.

Today's the day. Louis and I are going away together for a week. Where? I'm not sure of that but I bet Louis has this whole trip planned out.

I told Caleb of my plans for this week and Caleb said he'd help me escape. He doesn't think I should be stuck in the house during my week off.

I walk downstairs, with my duffel bag for the week, to inform Caleb the plan is a go.

"Now where do you think you're going missy?" My mother says taking notice of my bag.

"I- uh. I'm going to Dana's. She throwing Madeline a surprise party for her birthday."

"Then why are you packed for a week?"

"Because, I'll be hanging out with Dana, Maddi, Perrie, Emily and Kenna all week. We are all hanging out together at different houses each day, or going places." I tell my mom hoping she buys my lie.

"Well which day will they be here?" My mother asks.

"Sunday. We will be hanging out here Sunday. It'll be a little get together."

"So you're not going to see Louis at all this week?"

"No of course not. I may only see him when it's Kenna's turn. It depends on what she has planned for us to do." I lie. again more lies. I hate lying to my mother but it's best if she didn't know of my real plans.

The less she knows the better.

"That is okay right?" I ask after seeing the disappointed look on her face.

"Yeah. Of course. I'm glad you've made friends, I just barely see you any more."

"Mom when I get back we can have a day just us I promise. How about Saturday?" I tell her finding a solution.

"That's fine, but I'd be even happier if-'

"No. Mom I'm not leaving Louis." I say and she huffs.

"He's already hurt you baby. He'll do it again."

"No He won't mom, trust me. I think he's the one."

"You don't know what that boy's intentions are."

"Why do you hate him so much mom? He never gave you a reason to. Dad likes him, and Caleb likes him. Why is it so hard for you?" I finally ask.

"Because I don't want you involved with people like him! Why can't you just marry Evan? He was a nice boy." My mother says.

"Sure he's nice but I don't love him like a do Louis. If you have a problem with him just tell me."

"My problem is that he's changing you."

"Mom, have you really gotten a chance to know him?"

"No, and I don't want to."

"Are you sure? Because he's broken. He has no hope besides me. His dad left, and abandoned them. His mom is never home because she has two jobs trying to take care of six children. Louis doesn't know what it's like to be a normal boy. Being the oldest he had to grow up at 14 and take care of his siblings.

"His dad doesn't even like him. His father neglected him. No matter what Louis did to get his father's attention it was never enough. His dad abused his mom and sisters and Louis had to watch it every night. Louis is broken just like you were."

"How do you know that?" My mother asks

"You seriously don't think those scars went unnoticed for 18 years do you?" I say to her grabbing my back and walking out the door, Caleb following.