Chapter 57 (part 1)

I apologize for all the time skips, its a big chapter and some parts I didn't know how to finish.

*Alyssa's P.O.V.

It's been a week since Louis gave me this necklace. It really is the most thoughtful thing a person has ever gotten me. This past week I just hung out with Maslin and my dad finally came home. Turns out my mom left because they got in this huge argument and she didn't want to deal with it. I've avoided any contact with Ashton the best that I could. I have to tell him and I just can't do it. I'm terrified of what may happen. There is a world of possibilities of how he could react.

"Hey birthday girl!" Maslin says breaking me out of my thoughts. "Did you hear anything that I was saying?" She asks.

"I'm sorry no. Do you mind repeating it?" I ask.

"I said you are going to have a great day. 18 is your lucky number something good will happen this year I know it." Maslin says.

"I sure hope you're right. I'll see you after school today." I say getting up from the table to but my plate in the sink.

"Hey Happy Birthday Pumpkin!" My dad says hugging me and kissing the top of my head. I give a small smile in appreciation, I can't exactly stop people from saying it I'm just greatful they say it. If they don't it doesn't really affect me because only so many people know.

"Thanks daddy."

"Hey, it'll get better. Who knows what Louis has planned for you today." My dad says with a wink. He obviously knows exactly what Louis has planned.

"Dad please tell me you're not in on it too!" I beg. Whatever Louis has planned I'm honestly scared for because he's been planning and teasing me about all week about it.

"I'm totally in on it. In fact I gave him some ideas of what to do. You're going to be so happy." My dad says.

"Whatever I gotta get to school daddy I'll see you after right?" He nods.

"Of course pumpkin. Maslin will be taking you to school today." He says as I make my way to the door grabbing my bag.

***

"Okay class, today I will be assigning new lab partners. You will be dissecting a multiple things for the next couple of weeks. Today it will be a cows eye." My science teacher, Mr. Dyer informs us.

"Mille and Blake. Emily and John." The teacher starts he goes through a few more people before he finally gets to me.

"Alyssa and Ashton." Crap. I've been fine all week now I have to face him. I turn around and see Ashton is giving me that 'good boy' smile.

"Well looks like we are partners." Ashton finally says as he reaches me.

I started reading off the procedures so we knew exactly what to do so nobody gets hurt or something. "You know you've been avoiding me." Ashton says in the middle of my reading.

"Really? I haven't noticed." I say not wanting to get into this.

"Really? Because every time I try to come talk to you, you rush off like you have somewhere to be." What does he want from me?

"I want you to tell me if I did something wrong. I'm sorry if I did."

"It's nothing Ashton, really. Now let's get back to work." I say wanting to finish this task.

"Okay it says that you need to pull this part out." I say pointing to exactly what needs pulled out.

"Where'd you get that necklace?" Ashton asks. Again with the questions.