Chapter 62

*Louis' P.O.V.

"How did you find this place? Babe! It's so perfect!" Alyssa says as I watch her in astonishment, pulling up to the cabin. The look on her face just tells me that this is going to be an amazing week. This week is just to get away from our lives, to be ourselves. No family drama.

"I'm glad you like it." I respond to her joyfulness. I put my arm around her shoulder pulling her body closer to mine. As we stand outside of the cabin, where I took her blindfold off. "This whole trip is for you baby, I wanted to show you how much I love you and you do so much for me. Even when I didn't want your help you were there and I appreciate it. This is sort of a thank you." I kiss her head and she pushes me away.

"Louis, I don't want you to think that you owe me anything."

"Alyssa, stop. It's nothing like that. I'm not doing this because I owe you."

"Then why Louis!? Because I feel like you only do stuff because you owe me."

"Alyssa, nothing I could do would ever pay you back. I'm doing everything out of pure love. The least you could do is appreciate it! I work my ass of to impress you, and to make you happy! I don't have to do any of that. I could go about my business and act like I don't notice all the things you do, but I don't!" I honestly don't know why I raised my voice at her. We were doing so well, it's just why she thinks I do the things.

"Then why don't you!?" She really starts pushing my buttons. I'm going to let her win this one, I'm not in the mood to argue. I just mentally ignore my comebacks.

"I don't because I love you," I say grasping her arms sliding my hands to her hands rubbing circles on the back of her hands to calm her down. "Also I don't you to feel under appreciated, and like all the other girls I've hooked up with."

"Alyssa, trust me. Most of the girls in the school wish they were you because I actually care for you. Nobody, not even me, saw that coming. We all thought I would be on drugs and sleeping with girls my whole life. But I stopped because I care. Now, I'm only about a month clean of any drug. I really am trying for you."

"You're seriously quitting because of me?" my lovely girlfriend says tearing up.

"Of course I am baby," I start placing my hands on her cheeks. "Our kids are going to need a dad aren't they?"

By now some tears have escaped her eyes and started running down her cheek, stopping at my hand. I look deep into her eyes and she a sign of joy. She never directly asked me stop, but I could tell.

I wipe her eyes of the moisture that has fallen from them. "Babe, don't cry. I hate seeing you cry." I whisper pulling her back into my embrace, kissing the top of her head.

"I know, I just... I'm proud of you." Those are the words nobody has ever told me. Well it's been a while since I've heard that.

"Come on let's get our stuff and head in."

***

*Dana's P.O.V.

Everyone's enjoying the party, just like Liam said. In fact, Madeline says it was the best party anyone's ever thrown for her. I feel satisfied that all my work has payed off.

"Dana, can you throw me a birthday party for my birthday?" Alyssa's cousin, Maslin says.

"Uh... sure. I mean that is if you're not in the state's." I laugh

I honestly don't know how this day could go any better.

"Hey Maslin, uh mind if I steal Dana from you for a little while?" Harry butts in coming from nowhere.