Chapter Four

Jesse stared at her excited daughter the next morning, Cayla was animate as she talked about all the things she wanted to do on the ship. She frowned, as she let her fingers continue knead the bread in her hands. The rest of the palace kitchen staff moved around them, lifting her hand she used her wrist to brush away her hair that had come from her rubber band.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

She asked, cutting her daughters bright chattering. She set the well kneaded dough aside, and picked up a knife, she met her daughters bright gaze, "From what I understand from you father, this isn't a vacation, you've the mission of representing your father, and our race, as a princess."

Cayla, who'd been leaning on the long island table, lifted herself, the flat of her hands against the surface. A small wrinkle marring her smooth brow, "I...," She paused, when faced with her mother's quiet and focused gaze she felt still once more. Her mother had the ability to quiet all the excitement around her, and force everyone to focus. Cayla lost all her enthusiasm, and sincerely looked at what she'd chosen to do. "I am a princess, and I've been trained all my life for this." She answered sincerely, meeting her mother's probing gaze, "I don't want to be treasured all my life, be boring all my life, I want to use my status and mind for something more."

Observing her daughter for a long moment, Jesse sighed and smiled, lifting a hand she pulled on Cayla's curl. "Why do you think your seen as boring?"

Cayla sent her an incredulous look, "Compared with Uri and Celios?!"

Releasing a chuckle, Jesse nodded, her smile bright, "You're right, those two could give anyone a run for their money."

Cayla shook her head, giving Jesse a woeful look, "I can't even understand where they came from in our genetics, I mean...how is you had them?"

Her mother laughed at that, "You would be surprised!" she gave Cayla a commiserating look, "I wasn't always a cook, mother and empress you know. There was a time in my life when I was simply, Jesse, and Jesse did what she wanted."

Looking at her elegant, and beautiful mother, Cayla couldn't see it at all. Her mother was like the river that ran through statin, stable, nurturing and always there to make them feel better.

At her blank look, her mother laughed, "Enough, did you come to help make deserts for our guest or not?"

Cayla pulled from her disbelief, quickly rolled up her sleeves to her large t-shirt, and got to work. She was one of the four children who could cook, the only other one was Jahen, and Jahen hid it from everyone well. Taking an apron from one of servants she tied it tight and got to work.

**

Arrin hurried from the steps from the Razr head taken from the UZARKS base to the palace. He'd been spending most of his time since his arrival on earth working with the crazy group of soldiers to find out more about the terrorist group Vatican. On behalf of the Keehans Queen he'd been given the mission, which also gave him the ability to hunt for his sister.

As he felt the whirling blades lift his cloak, he lowered himself and continued towards the stairs that led up into the back of the palace. Once entering, he lifted his I.D, the soldier behind the desk gave a short nod, the all black Kevlar wearing guard near the door stepped aside to allow his entrance.

Entering, Arrin was surprised to find that right behind the harsh, all grey and metal entrance was wealth and splendor, walls were gilded in gold, and silver. Floors of polished marble bounced light off from the sun outside. Baroque styled paintings hung high, laughing maidens and their male counterparts chased each other in still life.