Chapter Twenty-One

Author: A drop in the bucket, here you go.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"The empire has sent an Envoy, he has chosen his third prince to come to us." King Alric spoke the head of the table, his eyes narrowed on the group of generals and statesman below. "He believes that he son can convince me to give the isles," Alric scoffed at this, leaning back, "he will be sorely disappointed, the Isles provide metals, that are imperative for our military. Though I will not hand them over, I do seek to give the image of desiring a truce," he looked at the EaSion States men to the left, "I believe one of the five families should offer their daughters to the third prince."

The Easion statesmen's features paled, his greying-brown hair was swooped back, away from his face. While his silver pounded circlet, held a black stone denoting as the spokesperson for the Easion state, "Sire, the five families would gladly do so...but, would it not be prudent to first learn this princess temperament and ways, before offering our daughters to him." He motioned to the other statesmen, "We have just brought the foreign females to our country, could we not offer him one of them...in place of our own."

Alric narrowed his eyes on the man, "Caoli, you would have me deceive them with a slave, rather than offer them a woman of class? Are you asking me to use snake like tactics? Do you think me a lowly snake?"

Caoli tensed, under the hard eye of Alric, he knelt lifting his hands in a show of respect, "No, sire! Forgive me for my words, sire! I merely wished for there to be knowledge gained about our prince, before we send our gently bred women to the barbarian! Forgive me Sire! I meant no insult!"

Raki, and Boshik who both stood to the right, the place held by generals. Shared a look, it was true that the move was sneaky, but it may delay the Empire's thought's to attack. At least they could prepare for battle, and their population would go through an increase do the influx of women.

Raki stepped forward, all eyes immediately landed on him. He kept his pose underneath the weight of it, the large throne room was now his stage. Raki wasn't known for mincing words, so he spoke clearing, his focused solely on the king, ignoring the pleasing Caoli. "I believe Caolis idea deserves thought," he turned to face the council at large, "We are not currently strong enough to fend off an attack from the empire, it they pull in all their allies and attacked we'd be pressed to keep them beyond the gates of Jiwado, and I speak only honestly. I would fight till my last man, the Kushites have always done so. But! We are a nation who'se moral has suffered do the death of women, and the women losing the ability to give birth, the empire would not have to worry of our sons lifting our swords to take revenge!" He turned and faced the king, "If we use a wedding as a stalling tactic, we can by our countrymen and ourselves at most five years of peace, as to whom should marry prince, I will leave that to Caoli to decide," he looked at the EaSion, who eyes were filled with gratitude, "The prince will be here in the next two mons cycles, if we greet with smiles and sweetened cup...he will know not, his desire will bring about our victory."