Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Grimm, Warlord father of Boshik

"And why should I even deign to do as you suggest?"

Grimm sneered down at her, for he was a very large man. The corner of his lips quirked with a cruel twist, "Are you planning to have me attack you once more, only for your..." he trailed off when he glanced at his own son. His face hardened, "Shaga—, to kill me for daring to attack you."

"They won't involve themselves," Cayla said, still smile beatifically at Grimm. She motioned to Arrin, "If they move an inch, Arrin, my guard will kill them on the spot."

Raki and Boshik shared a look between them, one with a weary smile and the other with a grim one. She would have them killed if they intervened? Both men felt amused and weary at how easily she made such a claim.

Cayla lowered her arm, and glanced at the men who stood around the main room. Some were Kosak and others were Kushite, "...I would suggest all those who are not eager to be involved in our little sparring match move closer to the wall." She half turned and looked at Arrin, "Could you move over to my—," she again couldn't bring herself to say the titles, instead she flung an impatient hand towards the two, "Kidnappers, go over to them."

Arrin released a put-upon sigh, and walked over to the two men. Who were both much larger then him, especially Raki. Whose red eyes, and imposing figure would have caused lesser men to tremble. Arrin met his gaze and frowned, "Don't look at me like that, I only follow the orders, if you have any complaints, "he motioned with his thumb at Cayla, "Go tell them to the Princess."

Raki released a sigh, and reaching up rubbed at the back of his head, "...I'm only allowing this so that I can see what you're princess is capable of. Kushite females are not weak, and though we may try to protect them, they are known to fight alongside us."

"Is that so?" Boshik frowned, his own worry clear, "It is not so for us, our females are the weaker sex, we protect them and often they are kept behind the high walls of Valah, to prevent being taken by the Barbarians of the eastern empire."

"Are they still a problem?" Raki asked, his eyes now darker as he contemplated the well-known enemy of Alvarians. Though Alvaria the planet had ceased warring for the search of females, they knew soon the separate kingdoms and empires would begin war once more. In their kingdom, of five races and the prime. It was known that the eastern empire wished to attack and absorbed into them in their ruling.

"Yes," Boshik said grimly, "It will only be a matter of time before you and I, are called upon to battle them once more."

Cayla cleared her throat catching their attention, "If you two will pay attention, we can get this over with." She grumbled, suddenly irritated that she was now in the place of protector, to be honest it was almost insulting that, that idiot Raki wanted to test her metal. Hadn't she shown enough of her skill when she'd awaken this morning.