Chapter Eleven

As Raki alighted from his ship, he found himself nostalgic for the sight of the high towers of Jiwado, the capital city of the Alvarian state remained a beautiful as always. A glorious sight of floating islands, an shining sun, the orangish pink sky made him lament ever leaving.

Hearing screams, he glanced to his left his eyes squinting against the wind that came from other landing cargo ship. Seeing the sigil of Kosak, caused a dark look to come to Raki's face.

"It seems we are not the only one's to return victorious," Shandor exclaimed, drawing the eyes of Raki, "Luckily we landed first, may be that will give us more honor in the councils eyes."

Raki faced forward without, the group of three continued on their way towards the reechs, a flat piece of ship technology that allowed a small group to travel from one island to another. Raki hadn't any hatred with the Kosaks, but they had issues with him, and his people. Thought they're battle had along ago came to rest at the command of the second king, their still remained a great animosity between the two. So it hadn't been surprised when the Kosak warlord demanded his son be sent on the mission as well, Raki had remained silent throughout his long speech of why his son was better suited. The old lord only sought glory in the kings, and the councils eyes. Raki simply sought the renewal of their race, disembarking from the reeche, he, Fonso, and Shandow found themselves standing before the warrior's council.

A building made of white stone. Two large statues stood guard, their ever opens eyes watching the sky above. Their hands rested on mile high broadswords, and their stance was wide ever ready to move forward to do battle. Walking in between passed the large structures, Raki entered the hall immediately assailed with sound of loud voices.

His boots echoed as his entered the sanctum, where the elders met often to discuss the world and it's status, entering he made his way to the center of the sanctum. Lowering himself to knee, he bowed his head, "I, general Raki of Kushite have returned victorious." His men followed the same example, lowering to knee behind him.

"Rise, General Raki."

An elderly voice spoke, following the command Raki stood lifting his gaze to the high dais where five of the eldest, known as the prime sat staring down at him. Each prime was the eldest of the five races of Alvarian. The Kushite, EaSion, Kosaks, Feerie, and Yasha.

The prime Kushit spoke first, her crimson colored eyes soft, "It is good you are home Raki," she said this first, an Raki jerked his head down in show of respect at her welcome. Her scale like hair untwisted rewrapping itself into two buns high. "You lost no man?"

"Unfortunately, we've lost ten to the fight for the women, but alas we were victorious and so their deaths will be honored as noble sacrifices for the Alvarian people."