*Chapter Thirteen* Season 3

A/N: For once I'm going to post only one picture.

The moment of truth stood before Cixi-yao, her husband was currently on his way to war. He couldn't stop her, or even scheme to begin her downfall. Not that he had been thinking to bring her down, but she could only plot as if he would.

Everyone had their breaking point, he had been losing her child. Now, she had three children to look after two in cribs and one within. Though as she traced the shape of her stomach she wasn't sure if she would bring this child to life.

She'd been given the warmest quarters, she had sex apartments, two that were used for her servants. She'd kicked all the old servants out and had acquired her own, the women who served her had been looked down on for the color of their skin, or the lack of perfection for their features but she wasn't one to judge others for such things.

She would use you in you were useful.

Even now as they dressed her hair, with the heavy gold symbols of her honor and rank she felt a bit of peace.

"Princess Mu-Zhin, there is the Princess Yunnie here to see you."

Cixi looked over at the Gumo, who'd once worked for the empress. The harsh lines had softened since Cixi had given her the oil for her cruel and demanding existence working for the empress. The empress, who everyone knew would be dead in a days' time. Cixi, had offered the woman employment so she spent her time between Cixi's parlor and visiting her dear Empress, ensuring that she offered to light a green candle that smelled of cinnamon.

"Seat her in the parlor, I will see her."

"Yes, Princess."

Retreating the Gumo, went to inform the young princess that the Crown Princess would see her.

Lifting her hand, she was assisted to standing by Min. "It seems only a few years ago, I was her servant."

Min smiled, lowering her head as she escorted her elegant mistress. "You are no longer just a servant, mistress you are the most powerful even before the Crown Prince."

"Min, words can be repeated, ensure you are careful on when you speak them." She softly chided, as she entered the parlor she saw a young woman, seated her eyes looking all over the parlor. Cixi was sure the princess was taken aback by the lack of decorating, she wore a purple gown, with blue and gold butterflies sewn into the hem and collar, white fur fought off the cold. Her long black hair had been lifted into a small set of two buns, as she turned to see Cixi her eyes brightened.

"It's true!"

She exclaimed, as she stood and moved quickly over, she looked Cixi-yao over. Cixi-yao, had to lean back a bit and felt her lips quirk at the girls exuberance a part of her was more than pleased that the young princess still had such innocent energy in her.