Chapter Five

The minute she walked down the platform, and stared up at the large star vessel. Cayla couldn't believe she was actually doing it, she was really going to be going into space. The sky was a bright blue, and the sparse clouds that hovered were a clean white. Her chest expanded as she felt the anxiety she'd been suppressing rise, and her palms grow sweaty.

"Cayla, over here!"

Distracted from her panic, she glanced and continued on her way down. Arriving at the landing, she quickly walked over to her mother and father. The two as foregone their royal clothing for simple clothing, her mother's fit easily next to her father. Other travelers moved around them, some sending looks of awe to her parents. Cayla laughed, when her father reached forward and rubbed a hand over her head mussing her bun, "Stop, it took me forever to get this done." She sent him a mock glare, as she tried to fix the escaped tendrils.

Her father simply smiled, and shook his head, "You shouldn't have wasted your time, brat. You'll be put in a cryo-sleep, until you hit a rift of space four hours outside of Astonia's galaxy."

Hearing this Cayla's expression turned bleak, jerking her eyes to her mother, "Really?"

Her mother nodded, giving her a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry to say it's true, that's why she didn't bother to do it when she went to Terra."

Groaning, Cayla dropped her hand to her side, "Well, I guess I can forget about reading the ten books I brought."

Jesse brow creased, her brown eyes darkening, "You...I honestly don't know where you get it from?"

Cayla laughed at her mother incredulous look, "Have you seen the amount of books you have on just creme-brulee?"

Her mother didn't deign to answer this, and instead suddenly became somber when she saw something over Cayla shoulder. "So, those are the woman?" she asked her husband.

Cayla, and Aine turned their attention to the women who'd entered the wharf, and Cayla frowned. They were each being handed a bag, some were large than others, but each woman showed great relief when it was handed to them. Each women had a dark ring around their ankle, as each of them wore dark blue rompers with numbers on them.

"Dad, is it me...or are all of them..," She half-turned, her eyes filled with incredulous curiosity.

Her father nodded, his own expression black, "I don't expect those in your mother government to have changed much from their ideal, or their blatant racism, but...it was hard to not notice that many being sent out were the same race as your mother."

"Can they do that?!" Cayla asked, shocked at the blant action, "It shouldn't have been allowed, I'm sure there were others."

"hmph," her father simply shook his head, once the horn blared loudly, cutting off more of what he wished to say. Glancing up at the large vessel, her father turned back towards her, "They are boarding," He reached out, and brushed a hand against her cheek, before he cupped it. He stared for a lengthy moment, appearing doleful. He inhaled sharply, pulling her close and giving her a tight hug. He rested the flat of his large hand on her head, "Cayla, be careful, do you hear me?" Pulling back, he gave her a stern look, "Do not have me send the UZARK's after you, understood?"

Cayla smiled, resting a hand over her fathers, she nodded her brown eyes bright with determination and excitement, "I'll be back before you know it."

"That's what your sister said," Jesse cut in, chuckling. Pulling Cayla away from her father, she gave her a tight hug, pulling away she gave Cayla a look over. Pursing her lips she frowned, "I can't get over how fast my babies grown up," she gave Cayla an annoyed look, "Stay strong, and stay," "Focused."