Chapter Seven

The sound of alarms jerked her from her sleep, her eyes opened and her body tensed as she realized it was the alarm of the star-ship. Confused, she jerked up when the door to her bedroom was shoved open with a bang. A hard eyed female Arrin stood in the door way, "There have been three ships spotted in the purview the don't appear to be friendly. They've already fired twice."

Shocked, Cayla quickly swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood. Taking the shirt and pant Arrin shoved at her, "What? A-Are serious?!" She pulled off her night gown, and pulled on the Tshirt, and jeggings he handed her. Her hair was still hidden under her black-bonnet. "I thought we didn't have any enemies in this sector?"

"We don't," Arrin said absentmindedly as he gathered up the squares, from Cayla's bag and shoving them into her purse, standing his handed it to her. " Stay close, and—!" His warning was cut short when a blast hit the side of the star-ship, causing the entire to shake.

Cayla cried out, feeling the floor move under her feet she staggered, only to be caught by Arrin, as he light's overhead flickered before going out. The low glow of the emergency lights flickered, on. His hand grabbed her tightly, "Come! We need to get to the comms room!"

"Wait! Shoes!"

He paused, as Cayla ran back and grabbed her sneakers. Once she got them, she took his hand, as soon as he opened the door they were met with the sight of chaos. People were running, panicked screams could be heard as people tried to figure out where to go. A voice came over the speak system.

"Everyone! Please remained calm! Make your way to the pods they, hold coordinates to Terra, please remain Calm!"

"Come!"

Following Arrin, Cayla couldn't fathom the sight before her, as people ran pushing and shoving each other in an effort to get to safety, coming to the elevator that lead to the comms area. Arrin ignored it, and dragged through the emergency doors, and up the climbed.

"You're taking the stares to?"

Arrin, and she paused leaning over the railing they were met with the sight of the Kamala, and the others, she grinned, "I figured, the best place to stay safe would be with the people flying this piece of metal." She took a step towards them, "Is it cool if we accompany you guys?"

Cayla glanced at Arrin, whose hard eyes suggested he would have gladly said no, but she couldn't do that. She'd noticed the slight trembling to Kamala's voice, glancing back at the woman she nodded, "Sure, I mean either way, if this thing blows, we all go with it right?"

"Damn, right!" Natalia yelled, appearing from behind her.

They all screamed, when the ship was hit again and the very wall shook, they could all the cracking and popping as large cracks appeared in the cement walls.

"Come! Don't fall behind!" Arrin shouted, tightening his hold of Cayla's hand as he forced her to continue to climb, the other women followed suit.

Their ragtag banned, luckily made it just as the lower stairs seemed to broken off by an unseen hand and tumbled down hitting the last floor with a loud crash.

All the women, aside from Arrin stared down in open mouth horror.

"...I;m getting to old for this," Selina exclaimed, before they helped each other stand, and quickly made their way in the empty hallway to the main comms room.

**

"Princess!"

Jameson eyes widened at the sight of the Princess Cayla, and her ragtag band. He looked at them all askance, "Why are you not in a pod?!" He asked, his voice louder than necessary, as he needed to be heard over the shouting voices of those communication with Earths HQ. Other's were gathering material, as they swiftly were getting ready to leave.

"That's why we came here," Cayla answered, her brow creased, as she looked around the hectic room, "I was told in any crisis to come here, you have six private pods in this area."

"That's classified information," He answered, his eyes going from Arrins stoic gaze, to Cayla's. "It's for those of higher rank to return home, not everyone can handle such a long stint inside them. The civilians are routed for a closer planetary system like Terra."

"Well I don't care where it goes," Raven cut in, "As long as it takes us somewhere other than here."

Her words were punctuated when another blast from the enemy ships caused the cockpit to shake. Realizing he had no choice, Jameson shouted at his second in command to take over, and motioned for the women to follow him, "Hurry, we don't have much time."

"Do you have any idea who it is attacking us?" Cayla asked running to keep up, as they raced down the steps to the lower deck, and towards a five silver stands. Each was five foot from the other.

Jameson shook her head, frowning, "No, and, that's it's imperative you get back, and let your father know it wasn't the Astonia—!" "INCOMMING!!"

A screaming from his right hand, caused everyone to jerk their heads to large glass like wall that gave view to the deep space, as a brightly colored beam of light headed directly for the cockpit.

Cayla could only helplessly watch as the beam of light slammed into them, her body lifted up and a loud ringing filled her ears as she flew back slamming to railing of the stairs.

Hitting the floor hard, she fell all the air leave her lungs as the blaring alarm and screams of those around her filled her ears. Her arms felt like stone blocks, as she tried to move them, her face was pressed into the ground as she struggled to push herself up. A wave of dizziness hit her hard, and she blearily could see other bodies lying here and there around her along with rubble.

A thick smoke was filling the room, her mind tried to make sense of what she was seeing, but she could comprehend until she heard a gasp. Ah, the cockpit was opened to space, that's was why she was having a hard time breathing.

She had to do something, if she didn't...if she didn't everyone would die.

She tried to focus but she just couldn't not with the ringing in her ears, and the dizziness that continued in its efforts to pull her down. Dark spots appeared in her vision, as she shook her head.

A memory from long ago invaded her, a memory of her uncle Taylor. His grinning face, as she watched try to use her solaria after suppressing it in highschool. It'd been a hot summer day, and they'd met in the training grounds of palace away from her protective father eyes.

Frowning, he'd suddenly stopped her, his metallic eyes filled with worry. "Cay, how long have you not been using your solaria?"

She'd blinked at him, lowering her hands from her chest, as she did often when she was trying to focus. "Well, I guess since I was six...dad didn't send me to military school, so I've never had reason to use it, why?"

Taylor had clapped a heavy hand on her shoulder, meeting her gaze with his metallic one, "Don't use." "But-!"

"Don't," he said his voice hard, expression stern, "Yours has changed, its heavier, darker...if you are going to use it someday, you'll need to learn control with out...you could hurt a lot of people. Promise me, you won't use unless I give you permission. Promise me."

"I-I promise," she said in a small voice, yet another thing she wasn't allowed to do...as a trixian.

Now as she felt her lungs shrinking, and the darkness growing in her vision. Cayla figured her uncle wouldn't be mad if she let go this once to save everyone life. All she could do before she passed out was direct her solaria to protect everyone, and with that her skin became hot, blistering hot and she descended into a fire pit of darkness.