~Chapter Fourteen~ Season Two

Chapter 14 _____________________________________________________________________________________________

"His highness has ordered you rest Mistress

"His highness has ordered you rest Mistress."

Cayla didn't turn away from her sight of the blue sky, she'd been held as a hostage for two days. The royal Physician having told Rhan-wei she must rest for five. The man had been stubborn and had ordered the newly picked servants to keep her there. She lifted her hand, the robe sleeve slipping down, staring at her palm she watched the flame of purple rise around it. It flickered like a fire, not bright but cool.

As she stared at it, the memory of her dream rose but she didn't shiver or wilt from it as she'd done in the dream. Instead she let the images wash over her, settling them back down at the same pace she let the purple flame die.

She was strong now, and the time and chance had come for her to try to escape.

"Mistress?"

Half-turning, Cayla nodded, "I heard you," here hair wasn't done up and fell down her back. She paused when she saw herself in the mirror. The baby-fat, that had made her face round had fallen away. Her chin was sharper, and her eyes held a darkness that hadn't been in them when she'd been a simple student in Maryland. Mildly surprised, she frowned, "How old am I?"

She asked aloud, unsure of the passing time. Her body was still curvy, and her height wasn't anything to brag about, and yet...She stood straight, her chest lifted, and her lips softly pressed together. Shifting, she looked this unrecognizable person up and down. The light peach robes drew attention to her dark skin.

The corner of her lips lifted, and she wondered inwardly if what had separated her from her family, was torture and heart ache.

A hand brushed her back, it was steady and heavy. She turned, meeting the dark gaze of Rhan-wei's. He stared down at her, and in his eyes, she saw his desire and growing love for her. Yet, she would never give him back what he desired. She had a plan, and she knew when she would act.