~Chapter Seventeen~ Season Two

Chapter 17

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rhan-weis song

As the guards tried to hold the screaming Rhan-wei from following his consort over, he fought them tooth nail. His roar of rage, echoing off the rocks his flesh hardening the more his anger grew, he didn't know anything only anger, rage, and lost. He felt once more helpless like the boy who'd lost his mother, to the hatred of the concubines, her body hanging from the gates.

Throwing off his man, he fell to his scrambling for his sword, he grabbed it. Like wounded animal he swung it at the men keeping them from approaching, before he took off running into the woods.

The madness had hold of him and wouldn't let him go till he'd either find her corpse or her...the man died, and soon only what remained was the primitive male who'd be bonded to Cayla.

**

"I didn't think you cruel enough to kill a tool of yours brother," Hak-bi remarked, from where he sat atop the horse next to his brother Shun-wei, who lowered the bow and arrow in his hands to his lap.

Shun-wei shrugged, his eyes turning away from the sight of their lost brother. He picked up his reigns, sending Hak-bi an annoyed look. "A tool must be useful, and she had lost her use." With a click of his tongue, turning his horse. He would have to return to the drawing board, he wouldn't lose his chance to gain his father favor, especially now when the favorite had gone feral.

He smirked, his goal might have been fully achieved, but in death Cayla had given him something he needed.

He would thank her, if he didn't hope she ended up dead and resting at the bottom of the ravine.

**

A few miles outside of the capital...

A wagon creaked and cracked as it was lead over the stones of the water bed, the ravine held a large rives but it thinned the further you went away from the mountains. The steady rocking motion stopped short, when the driver released a cry of alarm his eyes falling on the shape of woman half-in the water.

Her body still, floated but had been hooked on a stone and didn't move another inch.

"Why have we come to stop?" A voice sharply demanded, a pale hand reached out jerking the curtain over the window up, giving view to well-seasoned face, of the mistress of Wu clan. Her eyes squinted as she looked out, to see what the scared driver pointed at. Her eyes, were like pebbles of grey stone, "Stop! Let us look." She drew back letting the curtain drop, she lifted her short knocking it against the floor of the carriage.

The driver, hesitated.

Bang! "Hurry up!"

He flinched, quickly he dropped the reigns and alighted, running around to the side to help Zhao-Wu down, she placed her hand on his using a stone she landed and releasing she walked bodly across the bed towards the unmoving body, her eyes narrowed. Her driver followed nervous.

"Mistress, I do not think you should," he swallowed, rubbing his hands together, "your nephew can return and see to it." He inwardly hoped that this dead woman, wouldn't have someone after her, someone who'd think nothing of killing he and his mistress. He swallowed once again.