Chapter Fifteen

The air was sweet as it rushed past, Cayla couldn't resist lifting her chin to it and closing her eyes. Her skin that had felt hot from her wild Solaria pebbled, but she released a relieve sigh at the chill.

Opening her eyes half way to observe the pinkish-orange sky, she felt a jolt when she realized the size of the place she'd just left. It sat nestled in bonsai trees, tree's she'd never seen so big. Their curled and wrapped around the pagoda styled manor. She tightened her hold of the railing, they were higher than she'd thought they go.

She reluctantly glanced over her shoulder at the two males she shared the palanquin with, and found red and blue eyes focused solely on her. Taken aback by their attention, she lifted her chin to feign confidence as she turned around to face the fully, "...What?" she asked after they hadn't lessened the pressure of their gazes. "What are you looking at?"

"We are wondering why we suddenly lost the feeling of ease and comfort we experienced earlier," the Blonde spoke up first, if she remembered his name was Boshik. He met Raki look, before returning it to her, "It is unsettling."

"...it was a uncomfortable lost," Raki added, grudgingly.

Cayla observed them for a long moment, her hands curled in her lap as she drifted off in thought she wondered what she should, or more so, how she should say it. These two men expected her to give in to their ways, and world. She didn't want to...no, she didn't intend to. Even now she felt her stomach twist with anxiety as her solaria resisted.

It was odd, something she'd nurture and worked on was now fighting against her. It had become something Alien within her. Frustrated, she spoke slowly, "It is what makes me, me,' Lifting her gaze to meet the males curios stares she continued, "The very force of my people, and...it has the ability to reach out and connect with those who I am given to..." She stopped, because she hadn't been given to them, they'd taken her.

Seeing the dark light that entered her eyes Boshik quickly spoke up, "I-I did not mean to make you recall..." "It's fine," she cut him off her voice devoid of emotion.

Her brown eyes brightened oddly, "I needed reminding of how and why I'm here," she lifted a hand a rested it on her stomach, "I think it would be silly of me not to recognize my current situation, but," she said her voice chilling as she met them head on, "Don't think this situation will remain the same, I will not ever give up in my effort in returning home. I've a family and a world you've taken me from...Raki," she said focusing her statement to him, her entire posture noble, "It will not be long before you will have to answer for this crime."

Raki was surprised by her boldness, and oddly he felt attraction at her spirit. She refused to wilt before them, and from her earlier actions she wasn't above fighting for her beliefs. It was laughable that she challenged him as she was smaller, and more delicate than any Kushite female. He was sure she was weaker than then the Easions, but she sat her hand on her belly that the elder had claimed carried life and glaring him down. The corner of his lip curled up, and he couldn't help but taunt her, "...We shall see...mirahe, you will bear many sons before that end."

The dark pools darkened nearly to black, as she bared her teeth at him. Interesting.

Boshik watched the two and couldn't help the slight twinge of jealousy at the way the two communicated. It seemed that the two had already formed some sort of attachment, and he, as of yet, hadn't entered it. He stiffened when he heard the rushing noise, turning his gaze away from the glaring two. His eyes went to the large waterfall that fell in front of the large structure built of dark mortar and melted gold, the mix made the castle appear that lightening flashed through the stone. Two large hell hounds crouched on the arches over the entrance, their teeth bared to unseen enemies.