~Chapter Twelve~ Season Two

Previously:

As the day past at the palace, Cayla awaited the men with trepidation. While she did her best to learn the design of the large palace. There were over 100 little palaces within, all referred to halls. Each holding a different trait, some were sealed due to disuse, or closed by a previous emperor.

As she wondered, her servants following she find it mentally stimulating to guess which hall which was.

Her hands trailing along the hard stone walls, she imagined the history that covered her path unseen. She'd spent the rest of her time, with her son who was growing well. His eyes knew her to be his mother, and his solaria called to her.

The pain she'd endured for the days when she'd first arrived had dulled to now a small throb in her chest. The pang of guilt hadn't faded, her pairing with Rhan-wei went against her very nature, but what else could she have done?"

"Fuiren?"

Pulled from her thoughts, Cayla eyes refocused on her view of the entire palace. She'd come to a high point, so that she could see the land she was being held prison by. The sky seemingly stretched on forever, and the top of tiled buildings stretched on even further. But she could see that the front gate wasn't the only exit.

Turning her eyes west, she could see the thick tops of trees, forest where the princess and emperor were known to hunt.

Not turning her gaze away from the site, she spoke, "Yes?"

The female servant bowed slightly at the waist, "The Consort Gun-oh wishes to thank you for caring for her princess. The man will be returning on the morrow, and she wishes to invite you for tea before they return."

She wished to thank her? Cayla brow creased, as she thought over Gun-oh's sudden summons. She couldn't picture the woman wanting to see her, especially with her almost cold behavior towards her daughter. Still, it would bring her unwanted attention if she didn't go and humor the woman.

Reaching out, she allowed the Hwebi to take her hand, and was lead away from the view of Jun-Kai. "I will go, it is only right as her daughter holds a special place in my heart."

Her few servants followed her, she glanced at her plain robes. They would have to do, she wasn't interested in primping and it would be a waste of her time. Especially when she had no wish to take any of it with her, when she left. It would be not point, to demand silks and new robes from the eunuchs who managed cloth and textiles.

She wasn't planning to say long, but even as she thought that. She couldn't help wonder would Raki, and Boshik take her back. Would they welcome her? Or would they reject her for taking another man?